Thinking of Removing Air Dam

Remove it. I did on my Silverado and it looks much better. Haven't really noticed any difference with MPG. I'm sure there is one, but it must be pretty minimal.

Hey man keep me posted on this thinking about doing it myself but do a lot of highway driving 90kms/day so if its an extreme change in fuel milage i wont do it.

How long has yours been off for and whats your L/100km?

Picked up a K&N Air Filter today see if that helps at all.

Hey man keep me posted on this thinking about doing it myself but do a lot of highway driving 90kms/day so if its an extreme change in fuel milage i wont do it.

How long has yours been off for and whats your L/100km?

Picked up a K&N Air Filter today see if that helps at all.

I drive a ton for work as well; luckily a lot is highway driving. I am around 14 L/100 km. Mine has been off for at least half a year; probably a bit longer.

I drive a ton for work as well; luckily a lot is highway driving. I am around 14 L/100 km. Mine has been off for at least half a year; probably a bit longer.

Ya same as me since the larger tires i put on.

I think ill pull mine off and see, but thats what I'm getting and mine is on so not that much of a difference......

Cheers

Ya same as me since the larger tires i put on.

I think ill pull mine off and see, but thats what I'm getting and mine is on so not that much of a difference......

Cheers

I'm running 33" Duratrac's on mine with a 2" level and a CAI/Borla exhaust. Lots of things could be screwing with my MPG lol.

I'm running 33" Duratrac's on mine with a 2" level and a CAI/Borla exhaust. Lots of things could be screwing with my MPG lols

ha ha ha this is true.

i have the 33" KO2's and 2" Level

ill see what happens for me

142,011 miles? Wow. What year is your truck? Any major issues?

That's a sore subject. It's a 2014. At 103,000 a lifter on number 7 rotated in its bore and ate a chunk out of the cam. Of course it was 3k miles out of warranty. Luckily I have a good dealer and they got GM to eat half the cost but I was still out $3,800 bucks. I am going to run it until the motor warranty that came with the new long block runs out (203,000) and this truck is history. That should be sometime around January. I think I am going to a 3/4 ton diesel next.

Other than that issue it's been a good truck. It spends quite a bit of time idling and at interstate speed with no real issues other than a total motor meltdown.

I can say definitively that all the catch can stuff is just hoopla. At 103,000 miles the valves looked pristine and the head looked almost show room new. I got to see all of them first hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Dock Rocker
  • Like 2

Cruise control at 32mph??? Haha

The little town I live in will write you a ticket for just about anything. The the only way I can not speed through town is to set the cruise. If I put my foot on the pedal I will definitely be going faster than 30.

Maybe this one will get me a little more street cred.

47c29dae617e018c478c6ee31cc525bb.jpg

Edited by Dock Rocker
  • Like 3

The little town I live in will write you a ticket for just about anything. The the only way I can not speed through town is to set the cruise. If I put my foot on the pedal I will definitely be going faster than 30.

Maybe this one will get me a little more street cred.

47c29dae617e018c478c6ee31cc525bb.jpg

Haha boom +10 points! But really I hear ya with the ticket thing man I was just messing with ya

• 2 months later...

Does anybody know if the sierra and silverado air dams are interchangeable ? Can't see them being that different in mounting points on the bumpers ?

I took it off my 2014 and liked the look from far away, but walking up to my truck, I could see inside the fenderwells and see the tabs that hold the air dam on. Looked very unfinished to me with tabs and no screws in them.

So I cut mine in half and still didn't like it. So I cut it again right where it makes its first bend. It's about 3/4" tall now and looks perfect to me. IMO a full length air dam looks awful.