No longer in transit

Well I got good news and bad news - the truck I have had on order since the end of Dec is finally here - just not to the dealer - it is sitting at the rail port waiting for a convoy truck to get it from there to the dealer. This has been know to take from a few days to over a week. Now after all the wait, I am not going to be able to take delivery until April 8th. Even then I have to cut a camping trip short in order to be back in town.

A bit of history - the truck was ordered in Dec, built in late Feb - put on a train early Mar and finally arrived Mar 24th.

I now will have at least two weeks before we do the trailer swap - yes I am upgrading both my truck and camping trailer at the same time. I was hoping to have the truck long before the trailer - but will have to make do with the current schedules.

Gas/diesel, what are you getting?

There would be no reason to get a new truck unless it is a DMax :)

2500HD Double Cab, LTZ, Silver Ice Metallic/Dark Ash leather heat and cooled seats - lots more.

• 2 weeks later...

Well as of Monday this week it was still at the rail terminal. Dealer got a call from GM asking why mine and several other vehicles were not delivered to make end of month and quarter numbers look better. Dealer told them of the convoy problems, GM claimed to have no control over that, but that indeed the expectation was that it should be no longer than 72hrs from the railhead to the dealer - esp in our area where the rail terminal is less than 25 mi away. Dealer explained that if GM could not control it, how was a lowly dealer supposed to. Long story short, they got permission to send a crew in to get the 7 vehicles that should have been ready for delivery by EOM and drive them to the dealer. So now mine is ready for pickup tomorrow. Yes I cut my camping trip short - but the weather was horrible anyway. So getting the new truck made the decision to leave early easier. After they went to the rail terminal, the next day two truck loads of new cars arrived at my dealer - funny coincidence?

When the truckers went on strike against the trucking companies years ago they (GM +) had to get a court order to gain access to the rail yards and that was not easy to fight the unions. GM and Chrysler had 1,000's of vehicles locked in the distribution centers. Instate Commerce, you can't circumvent that. Even though they might have been able in this instance to get the vehicles, the transportation companies will still get paid.

Interstate commerce refers to the purchase, sale or exchange of commodities, transportation of people, money or goods, and navigation of waters between different states. Interstate commerce is regulated by the federal government as authorized under Article I of the U.S. Constitution.

Nice looking truck!! Waiting is the worse part, but you finally got it. What kind of camper you getting to hook that up to?

We are picking up our new Outdoors RV Timber Ridge 25RDS in a couple of weeks - I believe that it was built this week. The TT is 31' long and has a dry wt of 7000 lbs - should be an easy tow with the DMax. :)

Archived