BORLA S TYPE.......Finally

After MUCH research, deliberation, and elapsed time I pulled the trigger on the Borla S Type Catback.

I've had multiple 2014+ trucks and after a exhaust modification on my 2014 5.3, honestly didn't think I'd tinker with the others. I left my 2015 and first 2016 stock. I'm on my second 2016 with 14k miles currently. On my 2014, I cut from the muffler and everything back off. I replaced it with 12" dynomax race bullet. It was loud and annoying while cruising, especially the AFM in V4. Having put 15k on that truck, it made me second guess ever modifying exhaust. The older I get, the less noise I prefer.

As stated above, I've been deliberating a few months on the Borla S Type or Corsa Sport. When MRT put together the group buy on this forum, I pulled the trigger on the Borla. Two days later, it showed up via UPS. I removed the stock exhaust in 1 piece and the borla install was smooth. Fit and finish was excellent.

Now, the time to hear it. The sound was smooth and deep in comparison to my previous race bullet. Definitely quiter at idle as well. Ive put 500 miles on it since install. I'm very happy and shocked.. Shocked because I was expecting the AFM to be a issue. Well, it's very tolerable in comparison to the race bullet. I had to check my display to verify V4 mode. There was hardly any chop in V4. It's louder in V8 mode than V4. This was completely opposite on my 2014 with a race bullet.

I apologize for being long winded, but hopefully on the fence will have something to compare and evaluate. I'm truly happy and relieved, as this has a nice rumble at idle and a nice bark if you nail the throttle. By the way, thanks to MRT for the easy transaction and fast shipping. Great place to do business!

I was back and forth on getting an aftermarket exhaust and also chose the Borla S-Type for my 2015 Silverado. Couldn't be happier. Great quality, great sound. Add a CAI and it's even better!

Yeah, I have the AFE Momentum GT. Together, I feel a slight improvement in acceleration. Definitely a sound improvement.

Great review and thank you for your business & support! If you happen to get some photos of your exhaust installed, be sure to post them up here!

The Borla is a super high quality exhaust system that looks & sounds great, and most GM truck options can be had for under $1000 delivered to you. If anyone else is interested in getting one for their truck, here is the little group buy we are running - http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/199077-borla-catback-exhaust-group-buy-ends-331

How loud is it when cruising at highway speeds? Cruise control 70ish? How much louder then stock while cruising on Highway? Would towing make it much louder on Highway too? I plan on doing xcountry trip towing travel trailer throughout summers and don't want something to loud.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

How loud is it when cruising at highway speeds? Cruise control 70ish? How much louder then stock while cruising on Highway? Would towing make it much louder on Highway too? I plan on doing xcountry trip towing travel trailer throughout summers and don't want something to loud.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

On flat terrain it's hardly noticeable at 70. When you start up a incline you hear it, but not over bearing. Please keep in mind that my comparison is to a 12 inch race that was loud. If I towed alot, I'd probably go with the touring version. I rarely tow, so this is in the sweet spot for me.

After MUCH research, deliberation, and elapsed time I pulled the trigger on the Borla S Type Catback.

I've had multiple 2014+ trucks and after a exhaust modification on my 2014 5.3, honestly didn't think I'd tinker with the others. I left my 2015 and first 2016 stock. I'm on my second 2016 with 14k miles currently. On my 2014, I cut from the muffler and everything back off. I replaced it with 12" dynomax race bullet. It was loud and annoying while cruising, especially the AFM in V4. Having put 15k on that truck, it made me second guess ever modifying exhaust. The older I get, the less noise I prefer.

As stated above, I've been deliberating a few months on the Borla S Type or Corsa Sport. When MRT put together the group buy on this forum, I pulled the trigger on the Borla. Two days later, it showed up via UPS. I removed the stock exhaust in 1 piece and the borla install was smooth. Fit and finish was excellent.

Now, the time to hear it. The sound was smooth and deep in comparison to my previous race bullet. Definitely quiter at idle as well. Ive put 500 miles on it since install. I'm very happy and shocked.. Shocked because I was expecting the AFM to be a issue. Well, it's very tolerable in comparison to the race bullet. I had to check my display to verify V4 mode. There was hardly any chop in V4. It's louder in V8 mode than V4. This was completely opposite on my 2014 with a race bullet.

I apologize for being long winded, but hopefully on the fence will have something to compare and evaluate. I'm truly happy and relieved, as this has a nice rumble at idle and a nice bark if you nail the throttle. By the way, thanks to MRT for the easy transaction and fast shipping. Great place to do business!

You know the drill....where are the pics of the new system?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Archived