Hail Damage - My Turn

Last night yielded some baseball size hail in some areas in the North Dallas area. By the time it got to me, they were about golf ball sized.

Looks like the Truck and wife's Traverse were hit pretty good.

c13e095135f4b56dfafb9f47d2149434.jpg

There's a $1K in deductibles we have to figure out.

Anyone have experience with hail damage repair?

What to look out for? I have a feeling that ANY repair will not be as a good a new.... [emoji17]. I have dents on the hood, roof, some spots on the top of the fenders....my Cargo lamp has a crack on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last night yielded some baseball size hail in some areas in the North Dallas area. By the time it got to me, they were about golf ball sized.

What to look out for? I have a feeling that ANY repair will not be as a good a new.... [emoji17]. I have dents on the hood, roof, some spots on the top of the fenders....my Cargo lamp has a crack on it.

Post some pictures but they'll probably have to re-skin the roof and replace the rest of the parts. Take a look at my build thread. I bought a 2014 silverado with hail and fixed it all myself. But I cheated and used bondo then sprayed the whole truck in line-x.

I got it pretty bad in the Argyle area. Busted windshield and sunroof.dfbdcd8e765e6aa291f2d8ace93b2341.jpg

You need a new hood. The hail stretched the aluminum and it can't be fixed.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

84c565eb485007a8be046b9c976ae237.jpg

b1df36d5f8d70062ff5be70dc03d3467.jpg

e204d76775bf520ddbb76efcefca0feb.jpg

Hood and roof have spots where the metal is stretched so they're toast. The fender is hard to tell from the picture. May be salvageable since they're are no dents on the ridge.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

You may be able to go the dentless repair way. Friends mustang had some bad hits from hail a few years back. Once done, you couldn't tell anything had happened to it. And its black as well.

You may be able to go the dentless repair way. Friends mustang had some bad hits from hail a few years back. Once done, you couldn't tell anything had happened to it. And its black as well.

X2 on the dent guys...they do wonders and removed all my hail damage from the hood. Give them a try before going to the body shop.

Sierra Boy

That's sucks man.

But ya PDR. That profession is an art. There are some really good PDR guys out there. You can see the process on YouTube it takes forever. The hood should be replaced since it's aluminum.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the advise guys. Who makes the determination of going with Paintless Dent Repair over a hood/roof replacement? I presume my insurance?

Insane!

I went by the self serve wash bays for a quick rinse... a Camry pulled up and his back windows were smashed. [emoji17]. He was vacuuming glass out of his car while I was just rinsing dirt off mine.

Archived