Hail Damage - My Turn

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We had a car get hit by softball size hail, I really thought it was totaled by looking at it but the PDR guys set up in my dealership and that's where insurance sent it, could never tell a thing was ever wrong. I don't know about aluminum though, that's a different material.

I just had 4 vehicles done by a PDR guy. Not hail damage, but many various dents. I talked to him about metal vs. aluminum. He said metal has good memory so dents go back to normal easily. Aluminum does not, and it's softer and factures easier if over-worked. But, they do have techniques to get dents out of aluminum and there typically is an up charge.

I just had 4 vehicles done by a PDR guy. Not hail damage, but many various dents. I talked to him about metal vs. aluminum. He said metal has good memory so dents go back to normal easily. Aluminum does not, and it's softer and factures easier if over-worked. But, they do have techniques to get dents out of aluminum and there typically is an up charge.

The biggest problem with aluminum is that it stretches very easy. Hopefully the OP gets lucky.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I was in Dallas over the weekend for a wedding and head about the Hail storm sweeping by Sunday afternoon, We left right around 6 pm before one storm hit, don't know if it hit Dallas or not. There is a storm sweeping by tomorrow that has hail in the forecast as well. I might work from home to avoid it. Good luck with the repairs.

Find a great pdr guy.

My brothers 2 week old Acadia had over 100 dents from hail..... Can't find any of them now, and he's very picky about his vehicles.

Like others have said, there are great ones, and bad ones out there that will do more damage, all around!

$6000 in damage. Off to the body shop in the morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yikes! I'm still waiting on an adjuster to call. Where were you located?

• 2 weeks later...

Initial Estimates from Adjuster are in.

Silverado - $2,500

Traverse - $3000

I also found out that since my policy is new, I only need to pay (1) - $500 Deductible for both vehicles. However, most PDR companies cover the deductibles, so I am good either way. I also have rental car coverage. Since it's only (1) Deductible and having Rental Car Coverage, the PDR company is throwing some cash my way. So I went from having to come out of pocket $1K in deductibles, to putting some cash in my pocket.

I told them how picky and OCD I am and they said these bring in the best referrals.

Will update once the work is done, vehicles getting dropped of on Monday 4/10.

I dropped my truck off at the shop and they found additional damage making the the total closer to 9k.

$9K [emoji15][emoji15] - Wow! We'll see what they say about ours.

Archived