Sign in to follow this  
Gorehamj

Colorado ZR2 Order Times Slip From "4 to 6" to Eight Weeks

post-139450-0-03625900-1490801454_thumb.jpeg

John Goreham
Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
3-29-2017

New 2017 Chevy Colorado ZR2 truck orders are being scheduled for the last week of may. Two new hopeful owners have now reported delivery dates of 5-29-17 and 5-22-17 for trucks that were ordered last week.

Normally, model year 2017 vehicles would be available in late 2017. As it turns out for this particular truck model and trim, the 2017s are coming mid-year. This has prompted some considering a purchase to wait six more months and see if there are any updates to truck in the first part of 2018. Although updates are not typical in the first year of a vehicle's product life cycle, the Colorado could add the GM 8-speed auto to the Duramax, something our focus buyer, Joey Karr has considered.

Another consideration might be resale value. A vehicle with a one-year newer model year may be slightly more valuable in the resale market a few years from now.

• Like 1

Dealers here in Calgary that I have spoke to are being told not to expect the new ZR2 trucks until August or September!

attachicon.gifzr2 green front.jpeg

John Goreham

Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com

3-29-2017

New 2017 Chevy Colorado ZR2 truck orders are being scheduled for the last week of may. Two new hopeful owners have now reported delivery dates of 5-29-17 and 5-22-17 for trucks that were ordered last week.

Normally, model year 2017 vehicles would be available in late 2017. As it turns out for this particular truck model and trim, the 2017s are coming mid-year. This has prompted some considering a purchase to wait six more months and see if there are any updates to truck in the first part of 2018. Although updates are not typical in the first year of a vehicle's product life cycle, the Colorado could add the GM 8-speed auto to the Duramax, something our focus buyer, Joey Karr has considered.

Another consideration might be resale value. A vehicle with a one-year newer model year may be slightly more valuable in the resale market a few years from now.

I ordered my truck the morning of March 16 and I just got my TPW Saturday morning and it's 6/5. While I'm not overly ecstatic about that considering others have sooner TPW's and some with the same or even sooner dates ordered theirs days and a couple weeks after I did I'm not sure what the criteria is for selection of order but it's obviously not what order they were received. All that being said,I sound like a kid who wants his ice cream NOW. The cool part is,that is the way I feel and it looks like my truck will be made the week of June 5 ........ life is good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Darthvader
      Hi guys, 

I am new here and I have been enjoying my truck for about 7 months now. 

Just figured to take some photos of the truck since the first round of my mods is done. 

Mod list
      - 18 inch Volk Racing TE37 Large PCD Wheels 
      - Retrax Tonneau Cover
      - AMP Research Powerstep

I hope you guys enjoy the photos

• By Wish I kept my 2000 Z71
      There has been an issue with the suspension on our new 2017 Silverado 4x4 ever since we purchased it, but we were hoping after we put some miles on it would settle down, it didn't.  I’m referring to its tendency to almost throw you out of your seat when going over large bumps on the highway at freeway speeds of 65-70mph, like entering or leaving the transition onto and off of freeway overpasses, where the pavement raises up slightly at one end or the other of the over pass. Depending on the severity of the rise in pavement, it almost causes the truck to loose control.  We wanted the smoothest ride possible and specifically did not choose the Silverado Z71 4x4 because the suspicion was reported to be stiffer for off road applications, now I hear the suspension on the Silverado Z71 4x4 and on the Silverado LTZ (non-Z71) 4x4 are identical, apparently the only difference in the two trucks is some difference in trim. 
      Most of the time the ride in our Silverado is very nice, except going over bumps.  Also the rear of the vehicle is higher than the front ( and higher than my 2000 GMC Sierra Z71 which rode very smoothly). The taller tailgate on our 2017 Silverado makes it harder loading heavy items into the bed.
          Is there anything that can be done to lower the rear of the vehicle level with the front ( I do not want to lift the truck), and allow a smoother ride?  Can the suspension or shocks be changed out for something that will absorb the bumps better and still give a comfortable ride? 
    • By Brandon James
      Just bought a 2003 silverado 8.1l (496). I know if you maintain these engines and drive with common sense these engines will go the distance. Just curious what kind of problems you run into using this truck as a daily driver? Running a 7" lift, 37" tires, 130,300 miles. Or anything I should look out for? Open to all advice and opinions. Thank you, Brandon.

• By Brian James
      1986 G30 converted to a 4x4.  K30 front end.  4wd engages front drive shaft, drive shaft spins but hubs wont engage/lock.  No power to front wheels.. Help!  
    • By The.Sundae.Drive

The Sundae Drive does an in-depth video showing how to install an oil catch can for a 2014 Silverado 5.3L. What are the benefits of an oil catch can? Well if you visit the follwing sites you can read all about the benefits and importance of running an oil catch can. Catch cans are NOT ONLY for turbo/supercharger applications. They can be very beneficial for people with naturally aspirated setups. https://www.redline-motorworks.com/bl... http://oilcatchcan.com/oil-catch-can-... Purpose of your Stock PCV System: The PCV (Positive Crankcase Ventilation) system is designed to regulate and remove fumes from the engine crankcase and to alleviate crankcase pressure which could cause oil leaks or seal damage. The PCV system routes crankcase fumes into the intake manifold where they can be burned to eliminate harmful emissions into the atmosphere. The PCV valve controls the amount of crankcase flow volume depending on the engine's load. With large throttle openings (high engine loads), the more blow-by gases are produced, and the more the PCV system flows oil vapor into the intake manifold. A small amount of that ignited mixture leaks past the piston rings and ends up in the crankcase. This leakage is often referred to a "blow-by" or leakage past the pistons. Some of the oil mist and other products settle along the engine intake and over time form a "gunk". Our oil catch can collect the oil mist and condensed the fuel vapors while allowing "cleaner" gasses to pass back into the intake manifold. To pick up a Catch Can of your own go check out: http://www.eliteengineeringusa.com/ Here is the link for the E2 Catch itself and a diagram showing how it works! http://www.eliteengineeringusa.com/e2...