Sign in to follow this  
Gorehamj

Colorado ZR2 Order Times Slip From "4 to 6" to Eight Weeks

post-139450-0-03625900-1490801454_thumb.jpeg

John Goreham
Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
3-29-2017

New 2017 Chevy Colorado ZR2 truck orders are being scheduled for the last week of may. Two new hopeful owners have now reported delivery dates of 5-29-17 and 5-22-17 for trucks that were ordered last week.

Normally, model year 2017 vehicles would be available in late 2017. As it turns out for this particular truck model and trim, the 2017s are coming mid-year. This has prompted some considering a purchase to wait six more months and see if there are any updates to truck in the first part of 2018. Although updates are not typical in the first year of a vehicle's product life cycle, the Colorado could add the GM 8-speed auto to the Duramax, something our focus buyer, Joey Karr has considered.

Another consideration might be resale value. A vehicle with a one-year newer model year may be slightly more valuable in the resale market a few years from now.

• Like 1

Dealers here in Calgary that I have spoke to are being told not to expect the new ZR2 trucks until August or September!

attachicon.gifzr2 green front.jpeg

John Goreham

3-29-2017

New 2017 Chevy Colorado ZR2 truck orders are being scheduled for the last week of may. Two new hopeful owners have now reported delivery dates of 5-29-17 and 5-22-17 for trucks that were ordered last week.

Normally, model year 2017 vehicles would be available in late 2017. As it turns out for this particular truck model and trim, the 2017s are coming mid-year. This has prompted some considering a purchase to wait six more months and see if there are any updates to truck in the first part of 2018. Although updates are not typical in the first year of a vehicle's product life cycle, the Colorado could add the GM 8-speed auto to the Duramax, something our focus buyer, Joey Karr has considered.

Another consideration might be resale value. A vehicle with a one-year newer model year may be slightly more valuable in the resale market a few years from now.

I ordered my truck the morning of March 16 and I just got my TPW Saturday morning and it's 6/5. While I'm not overly ecstatic about that considering others have sooner TPW's and some with the same or even sooner dates ordered theirs days and a couple weeks after I did I'm not sure what the criteria is for selection of order but it's obviously not what order they were received. All that being said,I sound like a kid who wants his ice cream NOW. The cool part is,that is the way I feel and it looks like my truck will be made the week of June 5 ........ life is good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Brianx220
      It’s odd that one day my A/C works fine and the other it blows hot to the max air out of the passenger side and cold to the max on the driver side. Defroster isn’t working properly either because when I have it on it just blows air out of the regular vents. Took it to the dealer and they say it could be running out of free-on but that wouldn’t cause it to blow hot as hell air out of one side and cold as hell air on the other no matter what temp setting you have it set. It’s a ‘14 I don’t think it should be having these issues plus we ride with Windows down most of the time.

• By Chevy11192
      I drive a 2014 Chevy Silverado with factory 22s and 285/45/r22 tires. I plan on putting a leveling kit on it and getting some bigger tires to beef it up a little bit. Thinking about a 3” leveling kit in the front with 1” blocks in the rear. (Just running a 2” leveling kit in the front would be an option but I’ve heard you can only get 33s under there)

A few questions: does anyone have any experience with a setup like this? What’s the biggest size tires I could get? (I’m assuming I could get 34s without rubbing). And also, what are everyone’s recommendations on tread width? I’m wondering if I should stick with a 285/55/r22 or upgrade to something a little wider?

I appreciate any help!

• By BlackKnightSierra
      Hey Guys!

Have not been able to find a site where you can submit your mods and have them post it without buying their products or going through some ridiculous process.  I have created: https://thegaminggalago.wixsite.com/mycompletemodlist
      to get the ball rolling.  Please share it amongst people on here and in your car clubs, it would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks,
      Connor
    • By Gorehamj

John Goreham
      2-5-2018
      Tomorrow, GM will host its investors’ earnings conference call. The news will be good. These things are never left to chance, and GM has already issued "guidance" memos saying what will be disclosed. We don’t pretend to be experts on the finance side of the automotive business, but we can read over a facts sheet as well as the next guy. Here are a few things to consider and then we will get to the ZR2.
      -          GM’s sales are flat, not really up or down over the past 18 months or so.
      -          GM’s (U.S.) Profits are not flat. They are up.
      -          GM’s profits have been increasing since about 2015
      -          GM’s Colorado ZR2 is a pricey truck for the size.
      A gent named Anton Wahlman, who is an expert on the finance side of the auto business, says that the ZR2’s percentage of Colorado sales has hit 12% in 2018. That is a pretty remarkable slice of the Colorado pickup pie. His point is that pricey specialty trucks, and to a lesser degree crossovers, is having a big impact on GM’s ability to wring out more profits from the same unit volume of vehicles. We went looking for evidence that he may be right and found it in GM’s latest sales report. It was actually the very last item on the report. It said, “Average transaction prices were up $1,270 year-over-year, according to J.D. Power PIN estimates.”

So there you have it. Two data items that both point to the same conclusion. Trucks like the ZR2 are working well for GM and the added profits they bring are helping GM to make more money, while not selling more vehicles. Ditching unprofitable markets like Europe, India and South Africa didn’t hurt, but making more money on the things you sell is always a good strategy. Here's GM's future strategy:  “Reshaping the company over the last few years has allowed us to deploy resources and capital to higher-return opportunities including our next-generation trucks and establishing leadership in the future of mobility,” GM President Dan Ammann said. “The all-new full-size truck family that launches this year will generate very strong returns for years to come.”
    • By dben18
      Guys, I'm new here and I'm sorry if there's already a similar thread about this issue. I chose to eliminate my new truck fever by sprucing up my truck that has been paid off for 5 years now. My truck is 2WD and leveled. I went from the stock 17" wheels with 275/70/17 tires to the XD Buck 25 20" x 10" rims with a -25 offset. The new tire size is 275/55/20. I got it back from the tire shop and it was rubbing everywhere and shaking while I was breaking. The shaking came from the clips or "keepers" on the rear wheel studs that keeps the drum in place in the factory (got that part resolved after it was found on this forum! So, thanks guys!). After much trimming, the tire shop says I need a 3" suspension lift to have more room and eliminate all rubbing. Am I missing something? It's been four days in a row that I've been to the tire shop and it seems that nothing is getting resolved other than the shaking due to the clips. Is there a certain style trim that I can perform? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!