What accessories would you add if you had $900 to play with?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Considering how OCD I am with keeping things Factory, I went with Kicker's PowerStage VSS System. $880 for the system. Self installed.

c1cac73c44ac7c816416ede6f75c47e8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did that cost include the amp? What did you have to do to hook into the factory head unit?

Did that cost include the amp? What did you have to do to hook into the factory head unit?

Yes it does. You can use the amp only if you don't have factory Bose. As the Bose system comes w/ its own amp.

My PowerStage was installed by the dealer and my amp is tucked under by the pedals.

Highly recommend this as it's plug and play and a GREAT addition for music.

If i was you I would buy a used one...I've seen them on here for around $500-600.

Yes - I don't have Bose and as Chevyroofer states, if you have Bose, you can only get the sub as you already have an amp. If you don't have Bose, you get the 200/400 amp option. The amp mounts on top of the X61A Junction Box using existing bolts.

c972592a85c2707428cfe9e44106a1ff.jpg

It's all Plug a play. Disconnect harness from the back of the radio, add the Kicker harness inline.

There is a power cable run through the firewall for power. Did it myself am from about 2 hours because I didn't have tools to fish the wire for the sub under the carpet and through the firewall.

I have a 2016 Chevy Silverado Z71 LTZ in Siren red. My neighbor owes me $900 from some work I did for him, and decided that it should go into my truck. What would you do with $900 if you were in my shoes? The only thing I am truly debating about at the moment is cab lights. The truck already has a bed cover, wheels and tires, leveled, weather techs, mud flaps, and is debadged. I am not going to lift it anymore, or swap shocks. Thanks for any idea that you may have. Pictures always help.

attachicon.gifIMG_6333.JPG

Tow mirrors - Driver's side grab assist handle - Weather-Tech Floor Liners - GM PUBX bed tie-downs..............

Yes - I don't have Bose and as Chevyroofer states, if you have Bose, you can only get the sub as you already have an amp. If you don't have Bose, you get the 200/400 amp option. The amp mounts on top of the X61A Junction Box using existing bolts.

c972592a85c2707428cfe9e44106a1ff.jpg

It's all Plug a play. Disconnect harness from the back of the radio, add the Kicker harness inline.

There is a power cable run through the firewall for power. Did it myself am from about 2 hours because I didn't have tools to fish the wire for the sub under the carpet and through the firewall.

I do have the factory Bose system installed in my truck, I guess I will have to check their website. Love the plug and play factory, I really don't feel like ripping the whole truck apart. Did it make a significant difference?

I do have the factory Bose system installed in my truck, I guess I will have to check their website. Love the plug and play factory, I really don't feel like ripping the whole truck apart. Did it make a significant difference?

Makes a big difference compared to stock. Keep in mind that for the $, you can probably get more punch going aftermarket, but again, I wanted Plug and Play. My boys fight over who sits in the back. LOL.

I already have a SS tip, have you done just a replacement muffler? I will thinking about that, just didn't think it would make that much difference. Every other truck I have had I have put a full system on, I actually like the quiet cab on this one though.

Yes sir I replaced the OE muffler and flapper valve with a Magnaflow 12909 on my 6.2. Deep tone and quiet cruise negligible drone and V4 chop isn't too bad.

+1 for just the muffler swap. You won't gain anything noticeable from a catback system that costs 800-1k+, just some sound. My muffler was $170 or so from Borla. Tip was $20 at summit racing. I have had catbacks on my other trucks and this sounds just as good, for a fraction of the price.

Yes sir I replaced the OE muffler and flapper valve with a Magnaflow 12909 on my 6.2. Deep tone and quiet cruise negligible drone and V4 chop isn't too bad.

Did getting rid for the flapper valve get rid of that squeak with heavy acceleration?

Replaced muffler and flapper with MagnaFlow 12909 also for under $200.00. No v4 drone,quite at highway speeds and nice rumble when on the throttle. 2015 6.2.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Archived