Stock or quiet Muffler with Headers?

Great Video,, i wouldnt change a thing,, lol. May I ask, The AR Long tubes bolted right in? No issues? Thanx. Scot. :driving:

Great Video,, i wouldnt change a thing,, lol. May I ask, The AR Long tubes bolted right in? No issues? Thanx. Scot. :driving:

That actually sounds really good on the video but I'm guessing in real life it's louder. And I appreciated the fact that you weren't holding the camera. Makes me cringe sometimes when people are trying to hold the camera on the speedometer or something else and driving 100 miles an hour.

• Like 1

Would you happen to have a video of yours? What are you referring to as OEM if you replaced the muffler? Just the piping and resonator? Definitely sounds like something I'm looking for. Thanks!

Yes, I just posted a video in by build thread (link in my sig).

I should have been more clear, sorry. OEM piping and Resonator. I cut out the stock muffler and flapper and put in the Borla 40359 in place of it.

So, from front to back its: TSP LT Headers, TSP Catless Y, OEM Pipe, Borla Muffler, OEM Pipe, OEM Resonator, OEM Pipe, Shiny Tip :P

• Like 1

Yes, I just posted a video in by build thread (link in my sig).

I should have been more clear, sorry. OEM piping and Resonator. I cut out the stock muffler and flapper and put in the Borla 40359 in place of it.

So, from front to back its: TSP LT Headers, TSP Catless Y, OEM Pipe, Borla Muffler, OEM Pipe, OEM Resonator, OEM Pipe, Shiny Tip :P

Thank you! Loving that sound! Would you happen to have a rev or driving video?

I wish I could find a video with just an OEM Resonator w/ headers and no cats.

I'm also curious would I lose more power by putting a stock muffler on it or a stock resonator?

I feel like I'm getting somewhere! Thanks guys

• Like 1

Thank you! Loving that sound! Would you happen to have a rev or driving video?

I wish I could find a video with just an OEM Resonator w/ headers and no cats.

I'm also curious would I lose more power by putting a stock muffler on it or a stock resonator?

I feel like I'm getting somewhere! Thanks guys

Welcome, your truck sounds awesome. However, as a daily, I can see it being too much ;).

I have a few vids on youtube of the setup. I only have my phone that I use for the recording, and for some reason it really picks up engine noise. I can try to capture another one if none of those sound ok to you.

I have a few exhaust combos on there, trying to get the right sound.

As for power loss, I can't picture you losing much at all. Catback is usually sound, HP numbers are minimal.

https://www.facebook.com/kevin.mossip/posts/10155135258426081

This is my 14 with 6.2l an MBRP CAT BACK AND AR headers. This was a cold start up. Way to loud on the highway. I now have a stock 2017. Dont think I will put headers n again.

Edited by Boombastic

I bought the truck with the headers. But no issues that I can see.

Edited by RaptorEater

https://www.facebook.com/kevin.mossip/posts/10155135258426081

This is my 14 with 6.2l an MBRP CAT BACK AND AR headers. This was a cold start up. Way to loud on the highway. I now have a stock 2017. Dont think I will put headers n again.

The link isn't working for me. I love the sound you get from the headers I just want to learn the best place to tame it to not lose power and be left with a nice crisp sound. The cats, the resonator, the muffler??

With the headers it's going to sound good no matter what muffler you put on it.

You can pick up a stock Silverado muffler for almost nothing and have an exhaust shop weld in on cheap.

You might want to try that first and you won't be out much money... then decide from there.

But...

That is the baddest-sounding truck I've ever heard. I wouldn't change a thing. :thumbs: (But I like LOUD).

Now that i look back on my video i realize that the exhaust is never making the loud raspy sound i am trying to eliminate. It sounds great at very low throttle and mid-high to high acceleration but somewhere right there in the middle it sounds terrible. Heading out to make a better video now.

Ok here is a better video of what my truck sounds like at mid RPM. This high pitch raspy sound is what im trying to get rid of.

I have a friend that has a stock 2015 6.2L exhaust (muffler, resonator) for $80 which seems like a pretty good deal to me. Wondering if I should put both the muffler and resonator on, or just the muffler, or just the resonator.... Done hours of video searches and can not find anything that really helps me.

Thanks for any info that may help me make my decision!

This is exactly what I didn't like on mine, prior to adding the stock resonator back into place. I only have the 5.3, but I will say the resonator cured that rasp for me.

Yea the only difference is that I have the Magnaflow resonator/muffler so still prob a bit louder than the Borla muffler with stock resonator.

Someone mentioned earlier that I should go with the 2007-2013 6.2L muffler which I do like the sound of. I used to have a 2013 Denali and thought they definitely sounded good compared to the 5.3L stock exhaust.

Anyone know the difference in the 2014+ 5.3L vs 6.2L exhaust?

Anyone know the difference in the 2014+ 5.3L vs 6.2L exhaust?

I think the 5.3 is 2.75" or 2 7/8 and the 6.2 is 3.5".

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk