If you have any of the 22" factory wheels for the 1500 post here

SScarguy

I'm trading in my 2016 5.3 for a 2017 6.2 truck and I can't make my mind up on the wheels! I have the chrome 20 5-star on the 5.3 truck and they are nice, but I like the options on GM's site quite a bit more. The problem is I can't choose and I don't think that CGI picture of them is a good representation of any of them. So if you ordered any of the rim option packages please post pics of your truck! Thank you

• Like 1

I like the top one better but really neither. It depends on what the truck looks like. I dont like the blacked out wheel thing though. I also dont get why people want bigger and bigger rims on a truck.

Edited by ericw
  • Like 1

I like the top one better but really neither. It depends on what the truck looks like. I dont like the blacked out wheel thing though. I also dont get why people want bigger and bigger rims on a truck.

Hence why I'm replacing them with method wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm trading in my 2016 5.3 for a 2017 6.2 truck and I can't make my mind up on the wheels! I have the chrome 20 5-star on the 5.3 truck and they are nice, but I like the options on GM's site quite a bit more. The problem is I can't choose and I don't think that CGI picture of them is a good representation of any of them. So if you ordered any of the rim option packages please post pics of your truck! Thank you

Mine came with the 22" factory black rims. Most have said that they ride rougher, but I have no reference since this is my first truck. I just liked how they looked and mine is used as a "city" truck -only the 12 mile dirt road to camp.

post-147906-0-26064900-1490970862_thumb.jpg

post-147906-0-45720200-1490970919_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Mine came with the 22" factory black rims. Most have said that they ride rougher, but I have no reference since this is my first truck. I just liked how they looked and mine is used as a "city" truck -only the 12 mile dirt road to camp.

I ordered my '16 with the 22's and first thing I noticed leaving the dealership was that it rides smoother than my '13 did with the 18's. Same tires on both, both Z71 packages.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I still can't decide if i like my double cab or crew cabs better... nice truck!!

Thanks, you too! I have 3 kids so I have to have the crew cab. The extra room is also nice for bow hunting season to fold the seats up and keep my gear in the back. Same for riding season (quads, dirtbikes) and keep all my riding gear in the back seat area.

I also brought it to a local custom shop and had a 2 stage paint correction and polish done to it and then ceramic coated to seal in and protect all that shinny black goodness. They guarantee it for 7 years. I only hand wash in the summer and touchless washes in the winter. Had it almost a year and it still looks brand new, no paint swirls or anything. Wheels, and glass are all sealed also, plus rust proofing on the inside of the body panels, some sort of gooey oily stuff, can't remember the name. Was about $1700 for that stuff total but I plan on keeping this one for a long time so I figured it was worth the investment.

• Like 1

I would take the rims that come with your truck. Then go to shopchevyparts.com and order the gm 22 rims sensors and lug nuts for 2k. Another 1k? for tires brings you to the same $3k you are looking to spend. The plus side is you get to keep the 18 inch tires that come on the truck and sell them on Craigslist for $1k. I guess it depends how much the dealer gives you off the $3k upgrade to the 22 inch rims. If you just order the truck with 22s you don't get the stock 18 rims and tires.

Edited by ShamrockShooter
  • Like 2