Tough Month Of Sales For GM Pickup Trucks

Gorehamj

I only guess..

the parts overhead for long runs of the same truck must make billions more than the new truck.

big sales on new trucks means it fails sooner.

don't let gm go the way of the ricer cough* toyota *cough

can people see past the minute they are in or what.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going off memeory here, but didn't gmc.com say "20% off select trucks" in January, "18% off select trucks" in February, "17% off select trucks" in March and "16% off select trucks" today. I realize that this is just marketing, but still...sales couldn't have been that bad last month or they would have increased the discount, not decreased it.

I believe people would trade in more if the vehicles didn't deprecated so much. By the time most people get right side up there're close to being paid for. Then they decide to wait till they have problems, then trade. That seems to be the cycle we're in now.

They cost too much for me. Even if you get a deep discount the MSRP is so high now that you still end up paying mid to high $30s for a decently equipped truck. On top of that factor in the trash paint and trash frame coating, and I see no reason to pay that much for one. I've bought two brand new trucks in my short lifetime along with one brand new car, and I've never regretted anything more.

I believe the market is just saturated. Hell ford has a new 3/4 ton out this year and I'm hardly seeing any on the road. The lots I pass have tons of 16's still sitting out there.

Pricing must be playing a part too. I mean the price would be ok but I'm not seeing the quality I expected. At the end of the day I feel regretful after seeing some of the quality issues on my new truck so far. This is coming from a guy who owned a Chrysler before buying his brand new gm hd.

Also in my opinion the K2's are lacking in technology compared to the fords, GM trucks always seem to be a step behind tech wise.

I think the tech is fine.. In fact there's too many useless thrills. I want comfort, power and reliability. I would rather see physical capability then all this phone connection and OnStar, my link crap. Put the money and resources into strength and power.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

To me this is a good thing and a bad thing. Bad because there is some neat tech out there. Good because I hate all this driver coddling tech garbage.

There is the "Work Truck" line still. With next to zero "coddling tech" in it. So why are you bitching? I'll take the tech thanks, it makes my world a lot easier.

There is the "Work Truck" line still. With next to zero "coddling tech" in it. So why are you bitching? I'll take the tech thanks, it makes my world a lot easier.

Too bad you can't get the bigger engines and lower gears in the "work truck" trims. I always thought that was screwy. Umm.. Hey genius b( talking to the auto manufacturer) if I'm really working my truck we need the power and gear! The yuppies definitely don't need it.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

This whole new truck buying frenzy may be like the housing bubble of a few years ago waiting for the .....POP !!

it pops when fuel goes above $3.50 a gallon.

it pops when fuel goes above $3.50 a gallon.

That might be when I get a new truck is when fuel hits $4+ a gallon again. They were cheap last time. All depends on what condition my current truck is by then.

Or maybe let us configure our vehicles the way we want them to be instead of forcing us to buy 15 things just to get the 1 feature we want. Also why would I get a work truck trim if I said I like tech. I know how to drive so I don't need to be told I'm leaving a lane or when to brake or whatever stupid thing they invent to dumb down driving even more.

GM needs to go back to the drawing board with the options. Engine/trans/gear ratios should not be tied to trim levels. They also need to step it up on the trailering package and offer gearing deeper than 3:73.

And quit obsessing with all of the gadgets and focus on long term reliability and better over all quality.

These are trucks meant to haul more than groceries. Ditch the milk crate bed and offer 6 1/2' & 8' beds on all models including the 1500 Crew Cab.

Archived