Camper shell...??

Well...yet another wrinkle...I got a couple more quotes and have found out that Leer has started making the 100XL with the hidden hinges...so the only differences between the XQ and XL are now 1) the most obvious the single pane window (XQ) vs the split pane (XL), 2) the XL does NOT come standard with a headliner (however, the dealer quoted me to install the headliner and it is still $150 cheaper, so the question is the single vs split window worth $150 to you?)

Just some information...if you were still looking at this thread and shopping for a camper shell.

Well...yet another wrinkle...I got a couple more quotes and have found out that Leer has started making the 100XL with the hidden hinges...so the only differences between the XQ and XL are now 1) the most obvious the single pane window (XQ) vs the split pane (XL), 2) the XL does NOT come standard with a headliner (however, the dealer quoted me to install the headliner and it is still $150 cheaper, so the question is the single vs split window worth $150 to you?)

Just some information...if you were still looking at this thread and shopping for a camper shell.

Yup !! I ordered mine with the solid back window, hidden hinges. And also swapped the side windows ( I didn't want the screened vents)

You can pretty much customize everything .. mine also has a slider in the front / carpet headliner / upgrades led light bar

7d62f37a170b86d07f0ac87c91eb848c.jpg

9d24c15e97392ad5f86d251bee2e9a06.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup !! I ordered mine with the solid back window, hidden hinges. And also swapped the side windows ( I didn't want the screened vents)

You can pretty much customize everything .. mine also has a slider in the front / carpet headliner / upgrades led light bar

7d62f37a170b86d07f0ac87c91eb848c.jpg

9d24c15e97392ad5f86d251bee2e9a06.jpg

these dang dealers...half of them are still telling me i cant get those hinges on the XL or XR...and i just say, you might want to call Leer...anyway...would you might taking some pics of the LED lights you have installed? i am thinking about just getting some LED strip lights...but trying to figure out the cleanest way to do it, if i do it myself..

these dang dealers...half of them are still telling me i cant get those hinges on the XL or XR...and i just say, you might want to call Leer...anyway...would you might taking some pics of the LED lights you have installed? i am thinking about just getting some LED strip lights...but trying to figure out the cleanest way to do it, if i do it myself..

I had mine built to order (maybe they are trying to sell you something already in stock.

I blanked out my serial # (prob doesn't matter but who knows)

It's definitely a 100XR

298fa879a88a8c1b465c528008395b02.jpg

The hinges are different than the QX but more than suitable plus they don't take up any room in the opening (the QX swing down into the opening when closed)

fa1e7d2906775a69e98aef335c8ce4a1.jpg

145c47fc9ddaec4fca62679cb702653f.jpg

Tapped into the Power for my bed lighting/ cargo light. Runs into this junction box with a switch. I had them install it but nothing crazy special here, could be done DIY for sure.

25ffaba4c2f7ec2c883d4b17484eec26.jpg

5b807b6c2808865e81afe39adb33f9d2.jpg

If you are in Ontario Canada or close enough for a drive I can send you to the guys who sold me mine, It's my 3rd cap from them. Customer service is 10/10 & haven't found a better price yet by a long shot!

• Like 1

...... waiting .. waiting .. click refresh ...

Give me a few hours.....I like yours all black! My last two were black......I am now done with black!

so, now i am talking installation with a couple of these guys...they are saying they are going to tap into the break light/running light? my question is that i plan to install some LED strip lights later, but what i don't quite understand is that will i not be able to have the dome light that comes with the XQ not on unless the truck is running? can someone give me some coaching on this? i would like to have the option to have the dome light on with the truck off...(my plan is to tap into that light for the strip lights power source)

so, now i am talking installation with a couple of these guys...they are saying they are going to tap into the break light/running light? my question is that i plan to install some LED strip lights later, but what i don't quite understand is that will i not be able to have the dome light that comes with the XQ not on unless the truck is running? can someone give me some coaching on this? i would like to have the option to have the dome light on with the truck off...(my plan is to tap into that light for the strip lights power source)

You want them to wire your brake light into the chmsl wire (center high mount stop light wire) so it does not flash with the signal.

As for your dome lighting I would wire it into your cargo light circuit, that way you can use the cargo light button to turn it off and on.

• 2 weeks later...

Put deposit on Leer 100XQ today

Removable front window

Keyless entry

dual dome lights

Dome door switch

Interior cargo hooks

$1900 installed

That's a steal, where did you get it for that price?

Geez, nice price! I paid 3100 for an ARE Z series, keyless entry, LED strip lights, glass rear door with slam latches and liner on inside. A Leer would have bit a bit more. Alaska prices.

I like the removable front window, had that in my Leer on the 1500 and no problems with it. Also had sliding window that wouldn't stay closed. On the ARE I did not get the slider.

Only leaks I've had on either cap is around the tailgate or the hatch/tailgate seam. Tailgate seal has solved leaks around the gate, working on getting the hatch sealed completely. I still get a small amount of water in around lower corners of hatch.