34" bfg m/t on my HD??

Hello all. Long time Lurker

I've done countless hours of research but I still feel like I need the teams help before I commit to new tires and wheels. I need an understanding of what it's going to take to squeeze bigger tires under my truck.

Current setup...

2016 2500HD Regular Cab Long Bed 6.0

Stock 17"x7.5" aluminum wheels (+44mm OS / 5.98" BS)

245/75/17 Firestone HT tires

Stock ride height

Plow prep package

New potential setup...

American Racing Ansen Offroad wheels (17" x 9") (+18mm OS / 5.71" BS)

Full discolosure I don't mind the stock wheels but believe I need a different offset to run the below tire...

BFG KM2 Mud Terrains in 285/75/17 (33.9" x 11.3")

Will this setup work? Can the tires be run on my stock wheels? I'm trying to avoid lifting or leveling the front end due to using this vehicle for towing purposes but not entirely averse to it.

Thanks in advance for the support fellas

Im running 33" BFG ko2 on stock 18" rims. 275/70R18. No clearance issues at all. I would just watch your offset. The more you push the wheels outside of the fender well. The more they will tend to rub on the inner fenders etc. Im thinking that you will have to turn the torsion bars up a bit, but would probably work fine with stock wheels.

Mine are a bit bigger 285/65/20 (34.6-11.3-7.3 sidewall). They are on stock rims and is leveled. I would bet yours will fit fine, mine would without the leveling. Here is a front pic.

post-157863-0-65841800-1491438346_thumb.jpg

7.5 is a little narrow, mine are 8.5, I was really surprised at the width, we measured it with the tire off inside to inside. When I first saw the rim on the stand I wished mine were that wide and it was Mine! I thought they would Ballon out but they don't, I almost went with the 295 but I was afraid it would balloon. I was looking for bigger but not too big and these tires fill up the wheel well and you can't make them rub, not even full crank going in a big curb entrance. Some day I will change rims but these work fine and I like the looks.....and 4 of these tires is enough $$ now.

Yes I'm going to be feeling the pain since I will be getting 5 tires and 5 wheels. Want to run my spare mounted in the bed. My Wrangler has 285/70/17 and four cost me just over a grand mounted onto stock wheels

My truck is 5 months old now and the stock steelie spare already shows signs of rusting.

I'm running 285/75/17's on my stock rims. There's lots of pics in my build thread.

Whiskey, thanks for posting. I read through your thread. Excellent news considering we have the same wheel. So it fit with no rub on a 7.5" wide wheel with +44 offset. Does your no rub experience include off-road, curbs, suspension flex?

You state in your thread you're worried of rubbing with aftermarket wheels. What wheel and offset are you lookin at that worries you with rubbing.

Since it fits on the stock wheel I may just plasti dip mine black and save the $$ on new wheels for other accesories.

Can you please post a picture of your truck facing head on from 10 yards away? I'd like to see what the stance is like with 285's on stock wheels. I'm looking to keep my tires flush with the outside of the wheel well.

Whiskey,

Ps...I joined this forum because of you and a few other frequent and very helpful posters

Whiskey, thanks for posting. I read through your thread. Excellent news considering we have the same wheel. So it fit with no rub on a 7.5" wide wheel with +44 offset. Does your no rub experience include off-road, curbs, suspension flex?

You state in your thread you're worried of rubbing with aftermarket wheels. What wheel and offset are you lookin at that worries you with rubbing.

Since it fits on the stock wheel I may just plasti dip mine black and save the $$ on new wheels for other accesories.

Can you please post a picture of your truck facing head on from 10 yards away? I'd like to see what the stance is like with 285's on stock wheels. I'm looking to keep my tires flush with the outside of the wheel well.

Whiskey,

Ps...I joined this forum because of you and a few other frequent and very helpful posters

Good to hear man! Yes, this forum is great!

I'll try to get a few head-on pics for you. My tires are still tucked inside the fenders.

Yes, I've had my truck in a few off-camber situations, going to my favorite mushroom hunting & fishing spots. Still no rubbing. I'm having trouble deciding on new wheels. The ones I wanted are on back-order everywhere. I may settle on ATX AX200 rims, in 17x9 with +18mm offset. Those should allow my tires to clear just fine, even if I need to crank up the torsion bars a few turns.

Well I saw a dodge with Method Vex wheels this weekend and they looked great. The Vex and the Hole are the two rims from Method I really like but the 17x8.5 only come in 0 offset and I think those will stick out further than the American racing 17x9 18 offset, probably outside the wells. Going to start taking measurements. Will probably buy the tires an run them on my stock wheels for now, plasti dipped black.

Well I saw a dodge with Method Vex wheels this weekend and they looked great. The Vex and the Hole are the two rims from Method I really like but the 17x8.5 only come in 0 offset and I think those will stick out further than the American racing 17x9 18 offset, probably outside the wells. Going to start taking measurements. Will probably buy the tires an run them on my stock wheels for now, plasti dipped black.

Yeah, plasti-dipping the stockers isn't a bad idea. I really like Method wheels too, but like you said, the 0 offset would stick out too much for my taste. We're really limited on aftermarket 17's for our trucks with a positive offset.

Yeah, plasti-dipping the stockers isn't a bad idea. I really like Method wheels too, but like you said, the 0 offset would stick out too much for my taste. We're really limited on aftermarket 17's for our trucks with a positive offset.

I'd kill for 17x8.5 in a +18 or +20 offset. My favorite look is that of the Mikey Thompson Baja black but they don't sell our lug dimensions and after calling them they stated they had no intention to do so.

Method Vex has the D hole look going for it which I like too.

Main concern I have is durability. The OEM wheels are forged I believe while the aftermarkets are cast

I'd kill for 17x8.5 in a +18 or +20 offset. My favorite look is that of the Mikey Thompson Baja black but they don't sell our lug dimensions and after calling them they stated they had no intention to do so.

Method Vex has the D hole look going for it which I like too.

Main concern I have is durability. The OEM wheels are forged I believe while the aftermarkets are cast

Yeah, I'm not sure if the OEM wheels are forged or cast. I know most aftermarket rims for our trucks have a decent weight rating, but that may not necessarily translate into long term durability.

I'm getting ready to put 18x10 Moto metals with a -24mm offset with 295/70's on my 2015 2500 hd. I have a 3.5 tuff country lift on it. I've been in the same dilemma myself. I

measured and remeasured it looks like a close one but they should fit. Any one have any thoughts on this?

Archived