Input on Corsa Sport 24873 for 2017 5.3L Sierra

I just got a new 2017 Sierra SLT with the 5.3 engine, its an amazing truck and I love it.
I ordered up a Airaid Jr kit and looked at a few sound bytes of exhausts leading me to the Corsa 24873.
This video really seems to sound great:

I want something that will be noticeable around city and when getting on the throttle but still be pleasant (quiet) while cruising.
I may tune after the intake and exhaust but I have no plans for headers. I would prefer not to disable AFM as I like good MPG. :)

The other option I like that I believe would be a step quieter, and more smoothed out low tone would be the Aeroturbine AT3030

Am I looking at the right system for my desires or are there other systems/cans you all might recommend?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am in the same boat as you, except 2017 Silverado 5.3L. I had a magnaflow kit on my 2011 5.3L and there was definitely a "helicopter chop" when the AFM would activate at certain speeds. The Corsa kits do seem to be getting great reviews from everything I've read, very little drone is being reported with these kits. Congrats on the new truck!

Bob

I have to corsa sport on mine and I deleted my third cat. Sound is exactly what you're looking for. You don't really notice it until you're getting on it. No V4 chop with mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to corsa sport on mine and I deleted my third cat. Sound is exactly what you're looking for. You don't really notice it until you're getting on it. No V4 chop with mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have a 5.3L right?

Would you be able to grab a helping hand to record and upload a video to youtube for sound purposes?

Any of the following would be helpful: vehicle cold start up with 1 min warm up, a few revs of varying rpms and a regular drive off/drive by.

It seems the Corsa video is all done under heavy acceleration and I'd like a real world idea of sound.

Did you notice any increase/decrease in MPG, get any thrown codes, or other attributes after installing the Corsa?

The corsa is a great all-around exhaust. However, it was rather obnoxious with AFM enabled. The chop was very noticeable at any RPM in 4 cylinder. Having since tuned the truck, couldn't really be happier. Quiet enough around town and screams at wide open throttle. Have been debating off and on purchasing headers the past two months....

The corsa is a great all-around exhaust. However, it was rather obnoxious with AFM enabled. The chop was very noticeable at any RPM in 4 cylinder. Having since tuned the truck, couldn't really be happier. Quiet enough around town and screams at wide open throttle. Have been debating off and on purchasing headers the past two months....

So you used tuner to disable AFM. Whats your MPG like now?

From what Ive read headers would make it obnoxiously loud. Depends on what you want from your truck.

With an intake and exhaust I wouldnt mind tuning, but I would still prefer to not remove AFM for MPG.

The truck is great and AFM really helps stretch your fuel. Pretty sure Im not interested in 15MPG combined...

So you used tuner to disable AFM. Whats your MPG like now?

From what Ive read headers would make it obnoxiously loud. Depends on what you want from your truck.

With an intake and exhaust I wouldnt mind tuning, but I would still prefer to not remove AFM for MPG.

The truck is great and AFM really helps stretch your fuel. Pretty sure Im not interested in 15MPG combined...

Mpg has remained unchanged in the 3+ months I've tuned it. My truck seems to be an oddball - it gets 17 mpg if I'm flogging it or pussyfooting it. AFM made zero difference to my truck.

I have the Corsa Sport and it is a high quality product. If you want a cat-back, you can't go wrong with the Corsa Sport. I was going to disable V8 mode due to the slight variance in tone in V4 mode, but my wife kept asking me what the heck I was talking about when I'd point it out to her - I realized it was a "me" problem.... I notice the V4 sound occasionally, and have grown rather fond of the sound for some reason. My only complaint that I sometimes notice a certain frequency in the cab at around 1800 rpm that can be a little disconcerting to my ears for some reason. Although I love the exhaust, I would say that of all the modifications I've done, the exhaust is the one where in moments of mental clarity and rational thought I question my logic in making such a purchase.

I have the Corsa Sport and it is a high quality product. If you want a cat-back, you can't go wrong with the Corsa Sport. I was going to disable V8 mode due to the slight variance in tone in V4 mode, but my wife kept asking me what the heck I was talking about when I'd point it out to her - I realized it was a "me" problem.... I notice the V4 sound occasionally, and have grown rather fond of the sound for some reason. My only complaint that I sometimes notice a certain frequency in the cab at around 1800 rpm that can be a little disconcerting to my ears for some reason. Although I love the exhaust, I would say that of all the modifications I've done, the exhaust is the one where in moments of mental clarity and rational thought I question my logic in making such a purchase.

What would make you question the purchase?

On a scale of 1-10 how would you rate volume in the cabin?

1 being stock - 10 being unbearably loud.

I wan to make sure that with radio off its still an enjoyable ride in the cabin.

On a scale of 1-10 how would you rate volume in the cabin?

1 being stock - 10 being unbearably loud.

I wan to make sure that with radio off its still an enjoyable ride in the cabin.

Sound levels depend on a lot of variables. Cold start on a cold day, it sounds like a beast (7/10). I think most would agree it's a pretty awesome sound on a cold start with the Corsa Sport. Usually within a few seconds of a cold start, the volume drops back down to relatively normal (3/10). While normal driving, I don't think it's that much different than stock (2/10). In fact, driving 30-50 MPH on a flat road, in V8 mode, I don't even hear anything. You will, however, notice the V4 sound, and it's a little annoying at first. I think it's annoying simply because it's different than the smooth sound in V8 mode under little to no throttle. The V4 sound is probably, relative to stock, not that much louder in terms of the sound level - it's just different than the V8 sound. Again - I've gotten to where I rarely even notice it, and it doesn't bother me at all anymore. I don't drive WOT, so I don't know what that sounds like. I know I'm not into turning heads for the wrong reasons, so I don't drive very aggressively - at least not for the sake of trying to get attention. I always think: "Jackass!" when I hear someone gunning their rig trying to get attention, so I don't do it. When I do get on it a little for merging onto traffic, or pulling onto a highway, etc., it sounds like an old truck with a big V8. As mentioned previously, other than a little temporary annoyance with the sound in V4, the only trouble I've had is the strange sound frequency that's produced at around 1800-2000 rpm while under decent throttle - it's probably just my ears. It almost like a resonance type of thing - kind of messes with my ears for a second - sort of a momentary tinnitus in terms of sensation (not in terms of sound).

Sound levels depend on a lot of variables. Cold start on a cold day, it sounds like a beast (7/10). I think most would agree it's a pretty awesome sound on a cold start with the Corsa Sport. Usually within a few seconds of a cold start, the volume drops back down to relatively normal (3/10). While normal driving, I don't think it's that much different than stock (2/10). In fact, driving 30-50 MPH on a flat road, in V8 mode, I don't even hear anything. You will, however, notice the V4 sound, and it's a little annoying at first. I think it's annoying simply because it's different than the smooth sound in V8 mode under little to no throttle. The V4 sound is probably, relative to stock, not that much louder in terms of the sound level - it's just different than the V8 sound. Again - I've gotten to where I rarely even notice it, and it doesn't bother me at all anymore. I don't drive WOT, so I don't know what that sounds like. I know I'm not into turning heads for the wrong reasons, so I don't drive very aggressively - at least not for the sake of trying to get attention. I always think: "Jackass!" when I hear someone gunning their rig trying to get attention, so I don't do it. When I do get on it a little for merging onto traffic, or pulling onto a highway, etc., it sounds like an old truck with a big V8. As mentioned previously, other than a little temporary annoyance with the sound in V4, the only trouble I've had is the strange sound frequency that's produced at around 1800-2000 rpm while under decent throttle - it's probably just my ears. It almost like a resonance type of thing - kind of messes with my ears for a second - sort of a momentary tinnitus in terms of sensation (not in terms of sound).

Thanks for the comprehensive info, that is very helpful to have real world usage feedback and was just what I was looking for.

I don't drive aggressively so my friends usually poke fun at me for my responsible "grandpa" driving but I will always get myself and my passengers where I am going in one piece. ;)

The Corsa sport is pretty loud at first, but tones down in a minute. Nice rumble at idle and low rpm easy driving, but man it's loud at WOT!

Here's a 6.2L cold start and idle for a couple minutes...

http://vid5.photobucket.com/albums/y193/ssessanna/IMG_3022.mp4

Goddamn that's sexy.

I would have gotten a boner if my truck came with a 6.2L, however I have a peasants 5.3 hah.

Still, that sounds so good I think Ill have to spring for the Corsa Sport.

Now... single tip or dual? I currently have a GMC tip on my stock and it looks solid.

Also whats the difference between the Corsa Pro-Series and the standard? They look identical to me beside price and the tips.

Talking about Corsa part numbers 14873 and 24873.

Most of the videos I see are of the 14873.

This video sounds soooo good...

Is there a sound difference between the 14873 and 24873 or is it simply the polished tips costing $400 more? :\

Archived