Input on Corsa Sport 24873 for 2017 5.3L Sierra

I went with the Borla Sport GMPP muffler, resonator delete and clamped my flapper open. No drone, nice growl at start up, sounds great when you get on it, but is still quiet at cruising speeds. I couldn't be happier. Plus the $300 price tag for muffler, tip and welding beats the hell out of a $1k+ catback system.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all been awhile since posted , installed Corsa Sport on my 2014 Silverado couple years ago with no problems. Highway speeds still little drone but past few months seems louder around town and at idle. I'm considering returning to OEM exhaust if possible , another Muffler or Resonator. I can't stand the chopper sound and no power in 4V mode and use a Range to delete the AFM for highway or Trans in 5M around town.

Hi all been awhile since posted , installed Corsa Sport on my 2014 Silverado couple years ago with no problems. Highway speeds still little drone but past few months seems louder around town and at idle. I'm considering returning to OEM exhaust if possible , another Muffler or Resonator. I can't stand the chopper sound and no power in 4V mode and use a Range to delete the AFM for highway or Trans in 5M around town.

You think you lost power in v4 mode? I kind of thought the same thing, but thought I was imagining it. It's hard to win with these exhausts.....sometimes, like you, I wish I had gone a bit quieter but then the sound like stock at idle at normal driving. Yeah they sound good when you get on it, but who really wants to go around flooring it everywhere? The whole reason I like the Corsa sport is not only does it sound mean when you get on it, but it also sounds good with normal driving and even at idle has a nice deep rumble to it. The problem is if you want to play with the truck next to you and floor it up to 6k, it's so loud the whole neighborhood hears you!

You think you lost power in v4 mode? I kind of thought the same thing, but thought I was imagining it. It's hard to win with these exhausts.....sometimes, like you, I wish I had gone a bit quieter but then the sound like stock at idle at normal driving. Yeah they sound good when you get on it, but who really wants to go around flooring it everywhere? The whole reason I like the Corsa sport is not only does it sound mean when you get on it, but it also sounds good with normal driving and even at idle has a nice deep rumble to it. The problem is if you want to play with the truck next to you and floor it up to 6k, it's so loud the whole neighborhood hears you!

Blue, what part # corsa did you get?

Grade of stainless steel!

Thanks for the comprehensive info, that is very helpful to have real world usage feedback and was just what I was looking for.

I don't drive aggressively so my friends usually poke fun at me for my responsible "grandpa" driving but I will always get myself and my passengers where I am going in one piece. ;)

Goddamn that's sexy.
I would have gotten a boner if my truck came with a 6.2L, however I have a peasants 5.3 hah.

Still, that sounds so good I think Ill have to spring for the Corsa Sport.
Now... single tip or dual? I currently have a GMC tip on my stock and it looks solid.
Also whats the difference between the Corsa Pro-Series and the standard? They look identical to me beside price and the tips.
Talking about Corsa part numbers 14873 and 24873.

Most of the videos I see are of the 14873.
This video sounds soooo good...

Is there a sound difference between the 14873 and 24873 or is it simply the polished tips costing $400 more? :\

The main difference is the grade of stainless steel and tip design from what I can tell. Warranty on the standard Corsa line is lifetime, not the case on the dB series.

I installed yesterday.

I placed two cuts of 4x4 wood on top of my jack and then lifted the truck from right in front of the right rear tire where the frame drops down towards the ground and then supported with jack stands.
Was able to get full suspension droop this way and I was able to remove the stock exhaust in one piece.

Its a tight fit but with two people and going slow and surely you can manage by rotating the muffler about 120 degrees when it reaches the rear axle and then continue sliding it out the rear.

The new Corsa went in easily, I supported the muffler with some jack stands and a towel to stop any scratching. Started at front and worked back.
Took me about 2 hours to remove old and install new and finalize the angles and torque.

Started up and was extremely pleased. Very nice V8 bark upon cold start, settles down into nice rumble as it warms up.
Perfect amount of volume and great attitude/tone with regular driving. Step on it and it becomes an animal.
I would highly recommend to others.

I will post a video soon.

I installed yesterday.

I placed two cuts of 4x4 wood on top of my jack and then lifted the truck from right in front of the right rear tire where the frame drops down towards the ground and then supported with jack stands.

Was able to get full suspension droop this way and I was able to remove the stock exhaust in one piece.

Its a tight fit but with two people and going slow and surely you can manage by rotating the muffler about 120 degrees when it reaches the rear axle and then continue sliding it out the rear.

The new Corsa went in easily, I supported the muffler with some jack stands and a towel to stop any scratching. Started at front and worked back.

Took me about 2 hours to remove old and install new and finalize the angles and torque.

Started up and was extremely pleased. Very nice V8 bark upon cold start, settles down into nice rumble as it warms up.

Perfect amount of volume and great attitude/tone with regular driving. Step on it and it becomes an animal.

I would highly recommend to others.

I will post a video soon.

Looking forward to video! Can you do me a favor and get a good 10 second or so clip of the trick at idle at operating temp? :-)

Looking forward to video! Can you do me a favor and get a good 10 second or so clip of the trick at idle at operating temp? :-)

Sure! I do want to give you a heads up that from my research over the last week the 6.2L Corsa Sport system will be louder due to the increased engine displacement and 3.5" piping in place of 3" so you may take that into consideration.

The Corsa sport is pretty loud at first, but tones down in a minute. Nice rumble at idle and low rpm easy driving, but man it's loud at WOT!

Here's a 6.2L cold start and idle for a couple minutes...

http://vid5.photobucket.com/albums/y193/ssessanna/IMG_3022.mp4

That thing startles you at cold start........ :driving:

That thing startles you at cold start........ :driving:

I love it, definitely brings the truck more attention.

The Corsa sounds ferocious when you step on it too. Go from just a bit louder than stock highway cruising to mean V8 muscle sounding in a second.

Also, I dont mind the V4 noise at all. Still sounds good.

Archived