Finally! A Street Performance Package For Tahoe and Suburban

Gorehamj

Its about time Chevrolet offered the 6.2L in the Tahoe. And whats with the RST? Why do they have to call it anything at all. Its a nice looking vehicle, but why not just market it as a Tahoe with options. Lip stick on a pig is still a pig. Oh...And a canyon carver it is not. The Tahoe still clocks in at almost 3 tons. And lastly..... Im sure they'll jack up the price to where mere mortals will not be able to afford the package anyway.

The 6.2 was available back in 09 in the Tahoe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was told the Rally Sport Truck (RST) is an appearance package only. The performance package includes the 6.2l, MR, and brembo brakes. You can get the RST package as a stand along option. You can only get the performance package if the RST package is selected first. I believe the Burb is only available with the RST package.

At least GM is listening/trolling sites like these.To see what Mods people are doing and what they really want in their trucks.its a step in the right direction and is a no brainer to offer more a performance package in the Silverado.Bottom line it is all about money,they see us spending thousands dollars on Mods after paying 40-50k on our trucks.Why just offer some of these basic mods as a package with a warranty and pocket the money themselves.So now GM if you are Trolling offer RST/Performance package in the Silverado and they will come........

At least GM is listening/trolling sites like these.To see what Mods people are doing and what they really want in their trucks.its a step in the right direction and is a no brainer to offer more a performance package in the Silverado.Bottom line it is all about money,they see us spending thousands dollars on Mods after paying 40-50k on our trucks.Why just offer some of these basic mods as a package with a warranty and pocket the money themselves.So now GM if you are Trolling offer RST/Performance package in the Silverado and they will come........

Well damnit i wish more people were slapping mid travels on their Sierra/Silverados lol Or maybe they could just look at the Raptor sales figure and take a hunch? Last i checked GM with both their pickups out sells Ford. I can't comprehend how they don't think something comparable to the raptor out of Chevy performance (i know they specialize in cars mostly) would not sell like hotcakes. Don't get me wrong they're making baby steps. It used to be nothing but aesthetics, least the All Terrain X brought a CAI, exhaust, and nice tires.

They got King on the ZR2, i say they go to them again and field a mid travel silverado with fiberglass flares on it so the square wheel well worry goes out the window.

Eh...just my wishful thinking.

If they can offer this on a soccer mom mobile why don't they build a full-size sport truck !

It's beyond me. Then again part of me is coming to the realization that buying a sports package from the manufacturer be it intended as a pre-runner, race truck, sports package, what have you is almost a waste of time.

For instance, you can take a bare bones silverado even present day or go pick up an 00-06 or 07-13 on the cheaper side and sink 15-20K of upgrades in it and still not be at the same budget of a raptor but have much more capability. Of course this is assuming you'd do most of the work yourself, but i think it could be done.

They do have the all terrain X which is pretty sharp but it's a lot of cosmetic BS. I also just realized they didn't go with King on the ZR2 :(

It's beyond me. Then again part of me is coming to the realization that buying a sports package from the manufacturer be it intended as a pre-runner, race truck, sports package, what have you is almost a waste of time.

For instance, you can take a bare bones silverado even present day or go pick up an 00-06 or 07-13 on the cheaper side and sink 15-20K of upgrades in it and still not be at the same budget of a raptor but have much more capability. Of course this is assuming you'd do most of the work yourself, but i think it could be done.

They do have the all terrain X which is pretty sharp but it's a lot of cosmetic BS. I also just realized they didn't go with King on the ZR2 :(

Only difference is there is no 5 year 60K warranty on the truck you build. I totally agree with your statement though.

Only difference is there is no 5 year 60K warranty on the truck you build. I totally agree with your statement though.

I forget about the warranty :( lol

I've done major mods myself plenty of times over the years. You save a ton of money, plenty to pay for anything you may break. You don't have to pay for mods you don't want. The last factory package I bought was a Trailblazer SS. Plenty fast but road like a brick. Just make it faster don't always want the handling stuff to drive up the price.

That is still pretty slow but at least it is a step in the right direction.

I disagree. It's almost as fast as a raptor in 0-60 tim. That seems fast for a full size SUV that can haul a baseball team.

2014 Chevy silverado Z71 DCSB w/Bilstein 5100 level

When you see what some of the guys have done to there trucks in the reg cab chat, I agree. You could buy a used low milage reg cab short box, drop axel it and then buy a LS3 Camaro engine and drop it into it and you will have a tire smoker!

Yeah I know it would cost about $30,000 or so! but you would have a ton of fun building it! hahaha

2014-gmc-sierra-regular-cab-rendering_1.

I want to grab an old silverado or sierra and gut it and build ground up for a long travel race truck.

Mind the music its NSFW, or if you just don't like rap (admittedly i'm not the biggest fan) that withstanding the truck is amazing.

Here's another one that i can't seem to get embedded.

Too bad the 6.2 in the Tahoe has to be a special package. It should just be optional, because as far as performance suvs are considered, a 6.2 Tahoe is relatively slow. BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, Land Rover all outperform the Tahoe 6.2, not to mention the the current Srt Jeep and the new Srt Durango and hellcat powered Jeep trailhawk.

Archived