Silveradolanche

Those transport wheels are not DOT/CSA certified and are ordered to be destroyed after the wheels meant to be used are mounted. They are in fact pretty thin stamped steel... I wouldn't trust them

There is a dot stamp on them. And they are heavy as hell. I still have to mount my set

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never liked the Avalanche. The first gen model with grey plastic half way up the side really turned me off. Then there is that grey plastic sail panel behind the cab that fades after two years. Why do you on have to buy a Cadillac to get a painted sail panel? Not my style, although I know many people who love them.

Why do you on have to buy a Cadillac to get a painted sail panel? Not my style, although I know many people who love them.

You could get the painted sails on the 2011 and newer Avalanches too. They were great driving trucks that fit a relatively small niche of buyers. For those people though they were great vehicles. I thought the 2007 and newer versions looked cool and really liked the air level rear suspension on the LTZ versions, wish the Silverado had the air level option from the factory.

You could get the painted sails on the 2011 and newer Avalanches too. They were great driving trucks that fit a relatively small niche of buyers. For those people though they were great vehicles. I thought the 2007 and newer versions looked cool and really liked the air level rear suspension on the LTZ versions, wish the Silverado had the air level option from the factory.

The GMT900 Avalanches were more tolerable to me than the previous generation. They got rid of those silly jeweled headlights on the later model GMT800's and significantly reduced the amount of Rubbermaid cladding.

One thing I do like about the Avalanche is the utility compartments in the bed. I really wish they would have continued a feature like that for the Silverado, just without the sail panels. If only GM would shamelessly copy the Ram Box for the standard Silverado. What an excellent feature!

There is a dot stamp on them. And they are heavy as hell. I still have to mount my set

See the attached GM bulletins. Any dealer that is supplying the transit wheels is a piss poor dealer that is wide open for a huge liability. Now you know too... you have a liability if you opt to use them. Those wheels are NOT safe.

GMP2017-094 LPO Transit Wheel Process_EN.pdf

GMP2017-095 LPO Transit Wheel Scrapping EN.pdf

Oh I know. But it's OK I know many people that have run these for years and still fine. Going outside isn't safe anymore because of all the pollution. But I still do it

The GMT900 Avalanches were more tolerable to me than the previous generation. They got rid of those silly jeweled headlights on the later model GMT800's and significantly reduced the amount of Rubbermaid cladding.

One thing I do like about the Avalanche is the utility compartments in the bed. I really wish they would have continued a feature like that for the Silverado, just without the sail panels. If only GM would shamelessly copy the Ram Box for the standard Silverado. What an excellent feature!

Abracadabra......your wish has been granted!

Silverados/Sierras can be equipped with Swingcase brand internal, lockable, swing out, removable saddle bags mounted internally behind the wheel housings essentially taking up the same space as the external Avy saddle bags. Now if you load it with ice and refreshments you can take it with you instead of running back to the vehicle for another cold one.

post-156616-0-01534500-1492001484_thumb.jpg

post-156616-0-29509100-1492001501_thumb.jpg

post-156616-0-76863500-1492001514_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

And good riddance! Had three of them '07 LT3, '12 LT and '13 LTZ71....loved them while I had them, preferring them over the Silverado because of the shorter length, better rear coil spring ride and unit body/bed, and sleek look of the sail rather than a notchback open bed pickup. But over the years the midgate turned out to be an annoying piece of crap....stupid one piece drop design turned a five seat cabin into a two seater long bed and not two full seats either because you had to move the front buckets forward to completely collapse the rear seats to open the midgate, and that damned removable window with the outer plastic frame that would crack in one or two places, one time near the grid contacts causing it to lose power! The '12 was the worst, sealed with Mexican snot that caused numerous windshield door seal, covered bed and sunroof leaks forcing a trade to the '13 that only went through 4 leaking new designed CMHSLs.

The one saving grace, and it was welcome, was that I paid $39.K for the $48.5K MSRP '13 Avy and enough desire for them that I received $36.5K trade against a $49K Detroit Silvy Z71 which came to $39K with discounts.......so for $2.5K I moved into a fully warranteed 3 year newer vehicle with all the same options and the newer MyLink systems, multiple LCD screens. For an extra $900 for a sports bar and $225 for a tonneau cover, it looks as good if not much better than any of the Avys did! And now when I have to pile the bed full of crap I can have three or four helpers with me instead of one to help with the load.......and the full height of the bed is usable for cargo instead of the two feet of the collapsed midgate being chopped off by the rear roofline and full movement of the bucket seating not being cramped by a dropped midgate. And the longer wheelbase of the Silvy compensates almost completely for the difference in suspension.

Silvys have what the Avys lack; once you go Silvy, there's no going back.

LMAO, that's freaking ugly. Ditch the fake roll bar.

I had an '08 Avalanche LTZ 4x4 and it was a fantastic truck. Your wannabe is embarrassing, IMHO.

Silverados/Sierras can be equipped with Swingcase brand internal, lockable, swing out, removable saddle bags mounted internally behind the wheel housings essentially taking up the same space as the external Avy saddle bags. Now if you load it with ice and refreshments you can take it with you instead of running back to the vehicle for another cold one.

I need to get me one or two of these.......the one thing I miss from my Titan.....the exterior storage box.

+1 for the swingcases, the best part is 07-13 and 14+ GM's use the same case and mounts. I had swingcases in my 15 so I bought a set of mounts for my 09 and now I can easily move my tools between the two.

Archived