Everyone look what I found

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is a link to my old truck that GM bought back from me. Be careful out there. You never know.

http://www.southtowneatlanta.com/VehicleDetails/used-2014-Chevrolet-Silverado_1500-Crew_Cab_Short_Box_2_Wheel_Drive_High_Country-Riverdale-GA/2923767823

*Disclaimer.... *See Dealer for details. Wonder what that means. [emoji15] LOL. What was the reason for the buy back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You didn't expect they would crush did you?

No. But the next owner is in for a bumpy ride that can't be fixed no matter new parts are thrown at it. You would think GM would take it back to a department to tear it down and try to figure what is making this truck shake so much.

It just tells me buying a used truck you really don't know what your really getting into. So sad.

*Disclaimer.... *See Dealer for details. Wonder what that means. [emoji15] LOL. What was the reason for the buy back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The dreaded Chevy shake. This truck had it bad.

They made 2wd High Country's?

Yup. At the time living down here in South Florida there is really no need for 4wd. The new truck has 4wd for locking the truck on the slippery boat ramps. Just giving me that piece of mind knowing after putting it in 4wd I have that 1 front tire locked.

Description

High Country (4 Movable Upper Cargo Tie Downs, Body Color Rear Bumper w/Cornersteps, Bose Speaker System, Color-Keyed Carpeted Floor Mats, Front Body-Color Bumper, Front Frame-Mounted Black Recovery Hooks, Heated and Cooled Driver and Front Passenger Seats, Polished Exhaust Tip, and Ultrasonic Front and Rear Park Assist) and Navigation System. Don't miss out on owning this attractive 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500.

This great Chevrolet is one of the most sought after used vehicles on the market because it NEVER lets owners down.

If you click on the carfax link it says MANUFACTURER BUYBACK OR LEMON REPORTED In other words buyer beware and run from this one as fast as you can.

Holy crap! I just looked at the carfax and I gotta say. Who the hell would buy it after seeing that!

The dreaded Chevy shake. This truck had it bad.

I rode in a truck that had the Chevy Shake. I was the passenger. I felt a pretty bad vibration at 70mph on the hiway. The owner's hand was actually shaking on the steering wheel.

I said, "Do you feel that vibration?"

He said, "What vibration?", while his hand and forearm were shaking and his Coke in the cupholder was sloshing around.

He was serious.

This is my opinion. I think people get used to it OR, they don't even notice it. Just thinking, "it's a truck". A lot of complaints on the forum, but not compared to the number of '14-'17 owners in the US.

Then he said, "I love this truck. It rides like a Cadillac compared to my old Tundra."

My Silverado has no vibes at any speed.

I rode in a truck that had the Chevy Shake. I was the passenger. I felt a pretty bad vibration at 70mph on the hiway. The owner's hand was actually shaking on the steering wheel.

I said, "Do you feel that vibration?"

He said, "What vibration?", while his hand and forearm were shaking and his Coke in the cupholder was sloshing around.

He was serious.

This is my opinion. I think people get used to it OR, they don't even notice it. Just thinking, "it's a truck". A lot of complaints on the forum, but not compared to the number of '14-'17 owners in the US.

Then he said, "I love this truck. It rides like a Cadillac compared to my old Tundra."

My Silverado has no vibes at any speed.

My truck has the Chevy Shake. I don't know how bad it is as I've never ridden in another 2014+ Silverado, but it doesn't bother me, especially given how common it apparently is. To be honest, it never bothered me as soon as I learned that nothing was wrong. And yes, it rides much better than my buddy's TRD Off Road Tundra, which has something similar to the Chevy Shake but at all speeds and more pronounced. I had another friend with a tundra that rode the same way. Not talking bad about them though because if it's normal and doesn't effect durability, then it doesn't bother me.

Archived