What kinda gas milage are you getting with 33/1250/20s or 305/55/20s?

12 seems high for a 6" lift and 35's to me. That would be really good mileage. I assume you've recalibrated your speedo with that size difference, also have a tune?

28.1 has to be the highest number I have seen on one of those! Downhill with a tail wind I recon.

But that is using the past 25 miles. That really isn't that much if you catch the right wind and a straight highway with no hills or traffic. I don't go below the 50 mile indicator.

I'm on a 2.5 level with 305-55 and I'm get 22mph mixed highway and city. Forgot to mention it's diablo tuned too. Without it I was getting 13mph

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I put 275/65/20 duratracs on my truck with stock rims, a leveling kit, a cool air intake and just bought the diablo tuner but am only averaging 14.5 mpg. Can you help me go through the steps I need to on the diablo tuner to get the gas mileage you are getting?

Also, when I put these bigger tires on it started rubbing on the inside of my finder whale and rubbing a little on my sway bar. Do you have this issues as well? If so, what did you do to fix it?

12 seems high for a 6" lift and 35's to me. That would be really good mileage. I assume you've recalibrated your speedo with that size difference, also have a tune?

I have the bully dog tuner. I haven't played around with tuning yet but speedo is corrected. I pulled off 17.1 on a road trip a few weeks ago all highway. I'm thinking 4.10s in the doffs and my mileage should go up in the city and stay close highway.

I put 275/65/20 duratracs on my truck with stock rims, a leveling kit, a cool air intake and just bought the diablo tuner but am only averaging 14.5 mpg. Can you help me go through the steps I need to on the diablo tuner to get the gas mileage you are getting?

Also, when I put these bigger tires on it started rubbing on the inside of my finder whale and rubbing a little on my sway bar. Do you have this issues as well? If so, what did you do to fix it?

I have slight rubbing on my sway bar but only at full lock. You can easily trim your fender liner with a box cutter and it will not affect anything, I trimmed probably 2 inches off the bottom section of mine where the tire would touch.

I've got 305/55/20 Goodyear Duratracs. On my way to Louisiana from Minnesota right now. So far, over 807 miles, I've averaged 17.9 mpg, averaging about 70 mph.

I have a 6.2 8 speed lifted using a 4 inch BDS kit with 33 inch ridge grapplers and 20 inch fuel wheels and i average around 13 to 15 mpg. I know MPG varies from truck to truck and how you drive it but don't expect much more than this. This is also with a tune from Black Bear, and v4 mode disabled.

Running 33" with a 2" level i lost about 5-6 MPG highway and 6 city. I was averaging about 23 highway and 17 city. Now I'm down around 17.5 if i baby it and 11 in the city, small town with lots of lights.

33 12.50 18 ridge grapplers. 5.3 with 3.42 gears. Average 13 between city and freeway at 70 mph. Road trips that are all freeway I can usually get about 18-19 average at 70-75 mph with the cruise set. The weight of the tire is the bigger MPG killer than the diameter. You would see much better fuel economy out of the Nitto G2 in 305 55 20 XL versus any 10 ply tire of the same size. The XL is about 10 lbs per tire lighter than the same 305 55 20 LT compare that to a 33 12.50 20 or 305 55 20 in any hybrid like the ridge grappler or mud terrain and you're looking at 15 to 20 lbs of weight per tire. Re gearing to 3.73 or 4.10 helps bring the MPG up for city driving but not on the freeway.

My truck is a 15 6.2 w/ 3.23's 8L90 my buds truck is a 16 5.3L w/ 3.42 6L80, we both run E load 33x12.5r20. my mileage went from 20-21 to 17.5-18.5, my buds 5.3L went from 21-22 to 15.5-16.5mpg. His truck was slightly better than mine on fuel before tires, but the 6.2L has an easier time with the heavier boots, even considering the trans/gearing difference.

Archived