Crew cab roof pops and buckles when braking, city driving, etc

Been hearing a pop like acorns hitting my roof on my crew cab. Just recently I realized it's happening while negotiating city streets at slow speeds over bumps pulling into commercial building parking lots.
So finally today I looked up and the whole roof looks convex.
I have a A.R.E shell on the back.

post-151036-0-48946300-1491661997_thumb.jpg

Thread is worthless without pictures. Roofs don't just collapse.

Agreed. And more info is needed. Was the truck a re-build from an accident? Was there damage from something else such as hail (even that would be a long stretch), etc. Do you have a video/sound clip from inside the cab of this sound?

Sry bout that

Texting in my sleep like trump.

2015 crew 4x4 Silverado purchased brand new 22k now.

The roof has slight depression. And yes it's collapsing on its own. Did I not post this in 2014,2015,2016 Silverado, tech trouble vibrate etc?

And the dents shape has changed now a few times since yesterday.

Will work getting a another photo.

It sounds like someone playing with tin can while driving on city streets and coming to stops, the roof that is.

Gm reach out, lol

Sry bout that

Texting in my sleep like trump.

2015 crew 4x4 Silverado purchased brand new 22k now.

The roof has slight depression. And yes it's collapsing on its own. Did I not post this in 2014,2015,2016 Silverado, tech trouble vibrate etc?

And the dents shape has changed now a few times since yesterday.

Will work getting a another photo.

It sounds like someone playing with tin can while driving on city streets and coming to stops, the roof that is.

Gm reach out, lol

Yes, you posted it in the 2014 / 2015 / 2016 Silverado & Sierra Issues, Troubleshooting, & Recalls/Service Bulletins section. It could be one of several different trucks though, that's why we asked. Some issues are more specific years/make/models. I'm interested in seeing the pictures though. If it's at 22,000 km's and is a 2015, it should still be under warranty? I'd be bringing it back to the dealership pretty quickly.

I'll be,

well my buddy and I went on a road trip to a golf club south of us on Sunday. we took my truck and I went on to tell him about the roof of my truck making sounds as I drove. I didn't set up a camera, just wanted him to hear for the sounds as we drove. so after driving 200+ miles not a single snap,crackle or pop! SO weird?

I'll bring the issue up on my last free oil change along with the other issues such as, loose passenger seat, squeak squeaks and gas inlet that's come detached from the body making it difficult to fill up. a little clip or something is missing where you put in the gas nozzle.

otherwise besides a little vibe the truck ran great and we got 21mpg's and listen to the golf tourney on mylink:)

• 2 months later...

Delete this post.

I'm so

Damn paranoid about problems arising on this truck. This issue resolved however roof still has depression in it from possibly the air flow changes using hi - top truck shell.

If the truck has been buffed out, a heavy hand could have caused this. Also, if it was on a lift with a low ceiling, it could have been damaged. Some kid could have jumped on your truck. I'm not saying it is one of these things. But you'll probably get push back from the dealer. Put yourself in their shoes.

Ain't stressing about anymore. As long as I'm not stranded in the road with this truck I'll be alright.

Thin sheet metal seems to be the new norm with car manufactures making the vechiles more lean than ever in attempt to save on dinasour juices.

Ain't stressing about anymore. As long as I'm not stranded in the road with this truck I'll be alright.

Thin sheet metal seems to be the new norm with car manufactures making the vechiles more lean than ever in attempt to save on dinasour juices.

Archived