2016 Brand New Silverado z71 vibration 75+

So far so good with the new set of tires. Im really having to try to hard to feel the vibration. I got around 50 miles on it since I picked it up. I been getting up to 80+ trying to get it to vibrate. Its like I almost want it to vibrate again to proof to my self its a drive train component. IT was like night and day the vibration I had in it. Soon as I hit the 77 mark I could feel it. Now I'm having a hard time really feeling it. Hopefully its gone for good.

What tires did you have previously? and what did they put on?

Thanks

Truck seems to be running good. I did notice they turned the knob to 2 wheel low from "Auto". I put it back in Auto because that what I heard you want to drive in. Anyone have an Idea on that?

Are you driving on ice or snow when doing this? If not leave it in 2 wheel mode.

I can't imagine anyone ever buying a vehicle without an extensive test drive. Just have GM buy it back and get a new one. Test drive it for a few days at all speeds before taking delivery.

I get a new one every 2 years and I haven't test driven one, ever. With that being said, my current Denali tries to shake the wheel out of my hands, I just giggle and adjust my speed to eliminate the shake. I won't live through the stress others have trying to get it fixed or a buy back, I can live with it for 18 months until I trade it in.

Mine was better too after a few visits to the dealer, 600 miles of test drives, drive shaft, U joints, steering bushings, 5 new tires, and a bunch of other stuff. It felt so much better when I finally got it back...but now it started vibrating at 45 MPH and 75-80 MPH. Looks like I'll be driving another freakin' Malibu for another 2 weeks!

I'm about done with this truck! Only have 2500 miles on it, the vibration started at 500 miles

I get a new one every 2 years and I haven't test driven one, ever. With that being said, my current Denali tries to shake the wheel out of my hands, I just giggle and adjust my speed to eliminate the shake. I won't live through the stress others have trying to get it fixed or a buy back, I can live with it for 18 months until I trade it in.

How do you know what your buying if you dont test drive anything? I work hard for my money and that being said I dont want to waste it. I bought it knowing its going to be mine and i will get it use out of it for years to come. Sounds like you should look into leasing. Thats just my opinion ;) I just wish I was more extensive with my test drive and maybe I could have avoided the problems.

Every time I drive mine I try to get up to 80 if road allows. I keep feeling like I'm going to get a ticket lol truck is running good with low vibration. i have 3500 miles on it now. Its been in the shop now I guess twice and out of sercvie 6 days. If the vibration returns and its obvious and bugs the hell out of me I will park it up there A** and be looking for lemon lawyer if they dont do a buy back. Have you tried a buy back yet tarter? Sounds like you have really gone through many repairs for that new truck you got already.

Mine was better too after a few visits to the dealer, 600 miles of test drives, drive shaft, U joints, steering bushings, 5 new tires, and a bunch of other stuff. It felt so much better when I finally got it back...but now it started vibrating at 45 MPH and 75-80 MPH. Looks like I'll be driving another freakin' Malibu for another 2 weeks!

I'm about done with this truck! Only have 2500 miles on it, the vibration started at 500 miles

They put me in a 2017 malibu. I was so glad to get my truck back.

honestly these new silverados are crap. I hate mine, it has the shakes at 75-85mph and the horrible trans tuning. I just lost my trans at 96k miles on my 2014 high country. its sitting at the dealer now. I wonder how long this engine will last with the AFM working for 100k miles. gone are the days of a long lasting Silverado.

• 3 years later...

Fixing the Chevy Shakes!

Mobil 1 Synthetic LV ATF HP 124715
Torque Converter Shudder

My 2016 Silverado with 82,000 miles has had the shaking issue for a couple years or the 30,000-40,000 miles. This issue for me occurs around the 70mph-80mph range. The center console would shake so bad that I would have to dial back the speed to below 72mph.

Measures I have taken to resolve the “Chevy Shakes” None of these worked.
1) Rebalance old tires Free
2) Purchased new tires $1,200
3) Alignment $84
4) Rebalance Drive Line $160
5) Roadmaster Shock Absorber $500 (This did help some of the shakes mostly the handling and ride)
6) DRUMROLL……. Transmission Flush with the correct transmission fluid $200 (Whish does not come in transmission from the factory) Mobil 1 Synthetic LV ATF HP 124715

I was able to flush the transmission myself. There are guides online that can walk you through it if you have the time and skill. It took me 4 hours and I was able to flush the transmission and change motor oil as well. The dealership wanted $140 for diagnostic and $750 for a flush. Since the transmission was my last hope. I purchased the fluid from Summit Racing for $160 and flushed it myself.

If anyone would like to reach out to me regarding this issue, feel free.

Fluid: