New to the forum. New to the GMC family!

My wife and I just bought a 2017 GMC Sierra SLT with the premium package and Max Tow package with the 6.2L and 8 speed transmission. We've put just over 500 miles on it so far and LOVE it! Just wondering if anyone knows why GM went from an LED front turn signal on the 2016 GMC SLT to an incandescent turn signal on the 2017s??? I would post pictures but I haven't figured out how to do that yet...

In 2016 when they first came out with the new LED headlights they were throwing them on almost all SLT and up trucks just for the heck of it or as a $500 option. Later on in 2016 and 2017 the LED headlights became part of the SLT Premium Plus package. So you don't have full LED headlights you have HIDs since you have just the Premium Package.

My wife and I just bought a 2017 GMC Sierra SLT with the premium package and Max Tow package with the 6.2L and 8 speed transmission. We've put just over 500 miles on it so far and LOVE it! Just wondering if anyone knows why GM went from an LED front turn signal on the 2016 GMC SLT to an incandescent turn signal on the 2017s??? I would post pictures but I haven't figured out how to do that yet...

In 2016 when they first came out with the new LED headlights they were throwing them on almost all SLT and up trucks just for the heck of it or as a $500 option. Later on in 2016 and 2017 the LED headlights became part of the SLT Premium Plus package. So you don't have full LED headlights you have HIDs since you have just the Premium Package.

. Sounds like just my luck! ? I wonder how much It'd cost to get the premium plus headlights???

• 1 month later...

Welcome to the site it's great to have you here

Tony

Hey there Tony. I'm having trouble starting a thread/asking a new question... I don't see an option in my menu bar to do this either. I'm only asking you because this seems to be the only place I can talk to anyone on this forum. I'm either REALLY dumb at this or this forum isn't very user-friendly. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Adam

Hi Adam, I'm not sure if there is any type of a post count or restriction that has to be meet before you can post in another section of the forum. I'm a vendor on the board. maybe one of the mods @txab can chime in and help out.

Tony

Thanks Tony, it mysteriously started working now. Although I can't figure out how to post pictures while using the app with my I-Phone.

Hi Adam, I'm not sure if there is any type of a post count or restriction that has to be meet before you can post in another section of the forum. I'm a vendor on the board. maybe one of the mods @txab can chime in and help out.

Tony

Thanks Tony, it mysteriously started working now. Although I can't figure out how to post pictures while using the app with my I-Phone.

Congratulations on the new purchase, Adam! If you ever have any questions in regards to your Sierra, please feel free to send our team a private message and we will help to the best of our ability. Thank you and go enjoy your new truck!

Best,

Philip J.

GM Customer Care

• 2 weeks later...

Archived