GM Will Idle Plants For 10 Weeks - Pickup & Crossover Retooling

Gorehamj

Visually I think the new axle housings look nice. One of the first things I noticed about the k2's. However I really liked my '11 6.2 with it's 14 bolt rear. It's been around forever but it's a great axle. I've racked my brain as to the things changed for the k2 and I'm thinking the issue is either the torque converter, trans..( 8 speed) drive shaft or rear end.

Time to swap in a 14 bolt semi-floating rear axle

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Visually I think the new axle housings look nice. One of the first things I noticed about the k2's. However I really liked my '11 6.2 with it's 14 bolt rear. It's been around forever but it's a great axle. I've racked my brain as to the things changed for the k2 and I'm thinking the issue is either the torque converter, trans..( 8 speed) drive shaft or rear end.

Time to swap in a 14 bolt semi-floating rear axle

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

I hear ya. My 200k mile 1997 GMT400 has the F44 RPO code aka 14 bolt Semi Float rear axle with 9.5" ring gear. Has been a great rear end. Just gear oil changes to synthetic is the only maintenance it has needed and still going strong.

I hear ya. My 200k mile 1997 GMT400 has the F44 RPO code aka 14 bolt Semi Float rear axle with 9.5" ring gear. Has been a great rear end. Just gear oil changes to synthetic is the only maintenance it has needed and still going strong.

They were excellent rears! The new ones are being made to look "inferior" because the Trans/Torque Converter/Programming Mainly and the constant locking/unlocking Programming of Torque converter is being sent through to your cabs! CARE OF THE CAB FRAME MOUNTS! SHEAR BABY FRONT MEANING "A" to the back Jackson......Big NO NO

Archived