2017 Navigation issue

Hey guys

Just picked up a 2017 1500 all terrain. Went from a f-150 to this and I love it. One problem I'm having is that the navigation is showing "off road" even if I'm on a main road. It's driving me crazy becuase it won't do turn by turn nav becuase it's not showing me on the main roads. It also is not showing the speed limit on the HUD. Any info on this?

i went from a f-150 to an 16 all terrain..!..love mine as well... i know my nav is not even updated.. i go "off road" as well. .but its normally on roads that were built prior to my gps i guess.. try resetting the computer... take the positive off the battery for 10 mins... the put it back on.. maybe...

My '16 is updated to the point where it contains even roadwork that was just completed a month or two before I bought the truck. Never shows the vehicle as off road while on a mapped road.....just the opposite....unless it is within a defined parking lot, when off road it will jump to a point on the nearest road within about 500 feet.

You must be driving on roads that are too new for the GPS. They aren't programmed into the system. Next year you can buy an upgrade for like $150 that will include new versions of maps, but will still be out of date compared to then.

Better off using your iphone or android device with Google Maps. Since those are nearly 99% up to date.

This won't help with your icon not showing up on a road, but you can turn off the "Off Road" warning in the settings (at least you can in my 2015). When you are on the Nav screen hit "Menu" then scroll through the settings until you find it. Uncheck the box and it should stop showing that warning on-screen.

have you called the dealership ? i have a 2016 and never had that even on roads that are a month old it might need to just be reprogrammed I'm sure they will take care of it assuming you bought it from a chevy/gm official dealership. regardless its a brand new truck everything should be working fine

Are the roads on the map and the gps thinks you're not on them? Or, are the roads not even on the map?

If the first is true, you should be able to calibrate the gps. This may be in the settings, or the dealer may have to do it. Not sure, I don't have nav.

If it's the maps, then you'll need to get an update, as others have said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived