I had a 2014 1500. Smelled coolant eveytime I got out and walked around the front end for two years. Could never find a leak myself and only lost about two cups of antifreeze in the resevoir. Started about two months after I bought it. Finally at about 85,000 km, the second dealership did a pressure test and found the leak. Half tons are known for bad rads. Upper mount would leak. If you smell antifreeze there is a leak somewhere.

My mothers Hyundai has been like this since we got it. Seems to be a common problem for them as well. It would bother me it if were my vehicle. Dealer said "It's normal, sorry. Nothing we can do."

Don't let them tell you it is normal. How is a smell coming out of a sealed system normal? My first dealership checked twice and never founda leak. It took a pressure test to find mine.

Everything leaks on those LOL water pumps, water outlets, thermostat housings...we change them like underwear at work.

Hahaha I believe it! The ex wife had one, and the waterpump went out with 50k miles on it or something like that. That car was the biggest piece of junk vehicle I ever dealt with, it constantly had something wrong with it. Mine has been great so far when compared to that one, but I only have 46k miles on mine so far as well.

Archived