My grandpa and great uncles dad died in 2003 and as he left he also left his 1975 GMC C30 camper special with them. About 2 months before he died he had just put a brand new crate 454 with a double pumper Holley in the truck. When he died my uncle and grandpa parked it right behind his shop where it's been for the last 15 years (don't ask me why?) but tomarrow marks a new day for that big ass 1 ton truck. I'll start by cleaning the truck very well and then start in the lengthy process of getting the motor ready to run again. I'll post pics as I go along restoring this piece of art but I may wind up turning it into a sleeper who knows ??‍♂️ But I have one question for you guys. On the bed of the truck is this box, not a tool box, but almost like a cab extension (which is where it's tagged as a camper special) it's at the very front of the bed and the back glass has been taken out to join the cab and the box together by means of a flexible piece of rubber. It's not big enough to sleep in or anything basically all it's good for is to throw tools in or clothes or suitcases and things of that sort. I've looked everywhere to see what it is and what purpose it serves but I have seen nothing about it. Is this something really rare or did my great grandpa just have this custom made? If anyone knows what it may be let me know I greatly appreciate it. I have one picture tonight but I will snap some more tomarrow after I begins removing a nest of copperheads from the hood...

Archived