Looking For 60 Gal Air Compressor Suggestions.

Starting to shop for a new air compressor, 60 gal 220v, oil lubed, and would like some suggestions. Not interested in spending a ton ($1k+), but want one that is going to last. Have considered the ~$4-500 models at Home Depot/ Lowes/ TSC, but would like a little more cfm's than they have if the slightly higher output isn't much more money.

Have found an Ingersoll Rand SS4L5, 14cfm @ 90psi, 135 psi max for $700 at TSC. The reviews seem mixed though on it. Is IR still as good as they once were?

Tool usage will range from impacts & die grinders to possibly a paint gun & sanders at times.

My current compressor is showing its age, a Porter Cable 26g upright oil less model. Cant complain to much considering it's 17yrs old!!!

TY!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I have looked at the same IR one and everyone keeps telling me to buy IR's better model, believe it is around 11-1200? I would like to hear what others feel about the same IR you are talking about.

• 5 weeks later...

Grim,

I ended buying the Kobalt 60g, 155psi max for $450 (Lowes 10% movers coupon), plus they were running an 11% rebate. So was tough to pass for about $400. As nice as the IR would have been, I believe the Kobalt will do the job just as well for what I need for hopefully a lot of years.

Do keep us posted what you decide on buying.

• 2 months later...

Archived