Lease pricing....

There are a ton of deals on Sierra/Silverado lease specials but they always seem to be on the double cabs. Do they ever have the lease specials like this on the crew cabs? I've seen lease pricing from $249-399 all day long on the double cabs, but as soon as you go to the crew cabs your are easily over $550. At that point I'll just buy. Anyone leasing a crew cab with a better price than something over $550

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've also noticed they want at least $100 more for the CC vs DC... seems crazy.

My 2014 CC Z71 lease is coming up shortly, let me know if you have any interest in buying out my lease... truck only has 26,700 miles. Located in Minneapolis area.

Ouch.. I could never bring myself to pay that much for a lease... Nice truck though :drool:

Yeah it sure is a pile of money.. I guess the way I looked at it, I wanted to keep as much cash in my savings, and I had no intention of keeping the pickup long term, so I think this works for me. We'll see if I do it again in 3 years.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

There are a ton of deals on Sierra/Silverado lease specials but they always seem to be on the double cabs. Do they ever have the lease specials like this on the crew cabs? I've seen lease pricing from $249-399 all day long on the double cabs, but as soon as you go to the crew cabs your are easily over $550. At that point I'll just buy. Anyone leasing a crew cab with a better price than something over $550

I have not looked lately but when I bought my truck (last April) I was offered $530 a month lease for a Denali 5.3. I am sure it was only 10k miles for 3 years but as I was not interested in leasing I didn't inquire more.

Are you only looking for the monthly value or are you also factoring in the interest rate and money factor (aka MSRP and retained value) into your decision?

I just got a 17 crew ltz with the 6.2 for around that 600 mark. 3 year low miles lease. No idea if it was a good deal or not but oh welleb70baf3d705b5e6ea2b3ebc8f4bd9fc.jpg

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

I pay the about the same for about the same vehicle..... zero down and 600/month for a CC SLT with the 6.2 and 8 speed. The only options I added on were trailer brake, bed liner and a package that included the 20" wheels, running boards and 7 speaker Bose with sub. Didn't really care too much about the cost...don't get me wrong I tried like hell to get cheaper but that's the lowest they would go.

Personally I would rather drive a LT AllStar 5.3 double cab for five years for a similar purchase payment and have a $17K down payment for my next truck:

https://www.kbb.com/chevrolet/silverado-1500-extended-cab/2012/lt-pickup-4d-6-1-2-ft/?r=999442367964600300&vehicleid=370998&pricetype=private-party&condition=good&persistedcondition=good

You put $17K down on your $50K HC crew cab and you're back to your payment on the LT Xcab. Then you can stay in cycle of buying truck you want every five.

Would take 5 years of driving an LT, but might beat spending $18,000 for three years driving the truck you want and having nothing at end of lease?

489 no money down well first payment Denali crew 5.3 with 8 speed12k a year. For 57k truck that's cheap buying it would be almost double that on 72 months it's a no brainer especially when I trade every 3 to 4 years anyways.

Was this a lease special? I noticed a dealer in another state by a buddy of mine has a denali special right now that is $999 down, and a $399 a month lease, but no one around me has anything close to that.

Personally I would rather drive a LT AllStar 5.3 double cab for five years for a similar purchase payment and have a $17K down payment for my next truck:

https://www.kbb.com/chevrolet/silverado-1500-extended-cab/2012/lt-pickup-4d-6-1-2-ft/?r=999442367964600300&vehicleid=370998&pricetype=private-party&condition=good&persistedcondition=good

You put $17K down on your $50K HC crew cab and you're back to your payment on the LT Xcab. Then you can stay in cycle of buying truck you want every five.

Would take 5 years of driving an LT, but might beat spending $18,000 for three years driving the truck you want and having nothing at end of lease?

Not wanting to argue, but some things to think about.

Let's assume you can buy this LT truck new for $40K out the door and finance for five years at 2% interest. This gives you 60 payments of roughly $700 for a total of $42K over five years. Let's assume at the end of your five years you sell/trade/etc the truck for the $17K you mention. You have spent $42K to receive $17K of trade in. In other words $25K of your payments have been eaten up by depreciation. If you account for the possibility of an accident that dings your trade in value or the expense of an out of warranty repair you come out even worse.

But for the sake of argument let's assume the truck is perfect for five years. It has cost you $25K in depreciation or $5K a year. With the lease mentioned on the Denali you are paying roughly $18K over three years or $6K a year. With this option you are driving a nicer trim level truck. The truck basically is never out of warranty. If you have an accident the lease provides for GAP coverage. If your lease is a lemon it is someone else's problem at the end of the term. Since your monthly payment is $200 less a month than with purchase, put this cash in a savings account every month and at the end of the lease (36 months) you have $7200 to put on your next lease. (Personally I'd hang on to the cash, putting lots of money down on a lease is not smart)

With new vehicles there is no way for a buyer to "win." My dad used to say that if someone gave you a brand new car/truck, you'd need a full time job just to keep it on the road with insurance, gasoline, maintenance etc. As I've gotten older dad's words seem to be more accurate every day.

Leasing doesn't make sense for everyone. If you drive a lot or are especially hard on your vehicles it won't work.

Anyway my $0.02... Peace everyone.

Leasing isn't for everyone and in your case buying may be the better choice! As suggested earlier, looking at different trim levels to own may be a viable option. One advantage to leasing for private use is that you can get into a higher end vehicle than you can currently afford to buy. However you can still have a really nice truck with the bare "necessities".

Archived