Lease pricing....

I love it when people judge other people for their preferences. Me for instance, I worked in a successful family business, that required lots of hours of work. Lucky for me I'm a car nut because I rewarded myself a new ride every two years. I didn't have time for any other hobby to spend money on but drove a lot every day. I would bet the people who keep their vehicles a long time are either very frugal or just spend it foolishly on something else.

The irony is that you actually finish your post by judging others with absolutely no basis other than it goes against what you would do.

Let's not forget that a few on here (and one I know) readily admit that they can't afford to buy that Denali truck so they lease it for a lower price but still at an insane amount for a lease.

My friend who is in a bit of a financial crunch had a 2010 truck that drove fine but HAD to have a new one. Why? To impress. For show. He WANTS to be judged.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The irony is that you actually finish your post by judging others with absolutely no basis other than it goes against what you would do.

Let's not forget that a few on here (and one I know) readily admit that they can't afford to buy that Denali truck so they lease it for a lower price but still at an insane amount for a lease.

My friend who is in a bit of a financial crunch had a 2010 truck that drove fine but HAD to have a new one. Why? To impress. For show. He WANTS to be judged.

It wasn't judging it was betting. I also said I didn't have time for other hobbies that I probably would have spent money on. So again not judging, like you did with your friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It don't matter really if you want to lease or buy . Pay whatever you want for the ''trim'' level its your money. Only difference between the 28,000 truck and the 50,000 truck is add ons their all the same bones underneath for the most part .

Personally it wouldn't be difficult to lease since I drive between 9K-10K miles annually and have other vehicles to spread mileage out. Am anal about taking care of vehicles and don't permit smoking, eating, drinking soda, coffee, or colored sports drinks. However accidents happen and I wouldn't want to be on the hook in case someone runs into me. Former GF ended up keeping her leased 335 because another woman ran a stop light. Penalties and such were killer and she got screwed. Just food for thought and good luck with your purchase or lease.

It wasn't judging it was betting. I also said I didn't have time for other hobbies that I probably would have spent money on. So again not judging, like you did with your friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, you're a betting man. Care to wager how many times he's complained to others about not having enough money? Or how far he sank himself into credit card debt? It's the "I want it now" mentality that put him in a lease because he was lured by a lower monthly payment vs. simply opting for a lesser, cheaper model...or better yet, what's so wrong with driving what he's got until his other financial responsibilities are settled? To make matters worse, he's now spending more money to mod. What happens at the end of the lease? Penalties unless all of those OEM parts (which since have been sold on CL) go back on the truck. Oh, but he says he's going to just buy it out. And what...end up making even more payments for another 3-4 years on a 3 year old truck.

It's not my money. And I don't have a problem with leasing. But I just think it's a poor choice if people are using it as a way to live beyond their means.

I agree with you on debt and the buy it now mentality. The reality is most people go through the imwant it now stage onetime or another, as a tddler, as an adult. Its effort of digging yourself out of debt that changes your view. Another reality is, our economy is based on consumerism, meaning people wanting and going into debt is what grows the economy, not stocking money in the bank or under the mattress. The trick is responsibly managing debt. However i digress, back to lease versus buy.

Oh, you're a betting man. Care to wager how many times he's complained to others about not having enough money? Or how far he sank himself into credit card debt? It's the "I want it now" mentality that put him in a lease because he was lured by a lower monthly payment vs. simply opting for a lesser, cheaper model...or better yet, what's so wrong with driving what he's got until his other financial responsibilities are settled? To make matters worse, he's now spending more money to mod. What happens at the end of the lease? Penalties unless all of those OEM parts (which since have been sold on CL) go back on the truck. Oh, but he says he's going to just buy it out. And what...end up making even more payments for another 3-4 years on a 3 year old truck.

It's not my money. And I don't have a problem with leasing. But I just think it's a poor choice if people are using it as a way to live beyond their means.

I'm back to advise people, leasing works fine if it suits your needs, not just poor folk lease cars, i know plenty who still live at home with their mommies but purchased and financed (NOT LEASED) brand new BMW M3's and expensive cars because mommy gives them a nice room for free.

I'm back to advise people, leasing works fine if it suits your needs, not just poor folk lease cars, i know plenty who still live at home with their mommies but purchased and financed (NOT LEASED) brand new BMW M3's and expensive cars because mommy gives them a nice room for free.

Errrrr...if a person is over 18, there's no such thing a "nice room with mom". That's a pretty high price to pay to drive a nice car.

Archived