Pro Comp Leveling Kit Results

I am about to purchase a leveling kit. I have access to a discount through my work for the Pro Comp kits. I am trying to decide on whether to use the 2" or 2.25" kit.

I am wanting some feedback from those of you that have installed one of these kits to tell me what you actually measured for the increase in height. The little I found while researching this showed the results varied a good bit.

My drivers side is currently 2.25" lower in the front compared to the back. The passenger side is 2" difference. Just trying to decide which to use! Not the end of the world either way, but curious to hear what you have to say!

THANKS in advance!!

Thanks for the replies. I have actually already purchased the 2.25" kit. The additional 0.25" lift won't have any noticeable impact difference on the suspension if you get a proper front end alignment after installation.

I was hoping to get some ACTUAL measured height values from those of you that have already installed the kits. I did a lot of research and never found one real good source. Thought it would be good to have this thread available for members to find when they start researching the Pro Comp leveling kits.

So if anyone is willing to contribute (I will once I uinstall the kit), please post your before and after measurements (all 4 corners). Also indicate which kit (1.5", 2.0", or 2.25"), and post before and after pics if you have them. That way this could end up being a great resource for the Pro Comp kits.

I have the 2.25 pro comp level on my 17 Ltz z71 6.2. It's the exact same kit as the readylift 2.25 just cheaper. I also added the 3" readylift blocks because I actually like having rake. I also tow about once a month and I can't stand it when my truck looks like it's jumping a ramp. I measured from the ground through the center of the wheel to where it meets the bottom of the fender well. My before measurements on a level surface were:

LF: 36 1/2" RF: 36 1/2"

LR: 38 1/8" RR: 38 1/8"

After:

LF: 39" RF: 39 7/8"

LR: 40 1/4" RR: 40 1/8"

It's settled now and I also added 295/55R20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. They have 7k miles on them now so they aren't brand new. Here's some measurements I just did on my driveway that's not a level surface and is sloped.

LF: 39 1/4" RF: 39"

LR: 41 1/8" RR: 40 1/2"

I hope this info helps.

411e5cc5f55259b0c5c3ac71dabe18c5.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Hey guys, I'm new to the site. I'm considering doing the same thing with my 2015 Silverado. My question is do you have to have an alignment after the install? Didn't mean to hijack the post just curious. Thanks

Hey guys, I'm new to the site. I'm considering doing the same thing with my 2015 Silverado. My question is do you have to have an alignment after the install? Didn't mean to hijack the post just curious. Thanks

Welcome and yes you need an alignment after installing a level kit. I personally chose a 1.5" (not installed yet) as a result of reading hundreds of entries on this forum!

I hope this info helps.

Thank you for the details. This is exactly what i was hoping for!! Awesome truck BTW!!

An alignment is highly recommended since you are changing your front suspension geometry with the lift. I would also suggest adjusting your headlights down afterwards as well.

I installed the Pro Comp 2.25" leveling kit yesterday and a set of 275/60R20 BFGoodrich All Terrain KO2 tires. Here is my before and after data....

Note: Measurements (ground to fender) were taken in the same level location with 1/2 tank of gas and no driver.

Before: (with 275/55R20 Goodyear Eagle LS-2 tires @ 31.9" diameter)

LF: 36.250" RF: 35.750"

LR: 38.125" RR: 38.125"

After: (2.25" Pro Comp Level + 275/60R20 BFG KO2 tires @ 33" diameter)

LF: 39.500" RF: 39.250"

LF: 39.375" RR: 39.250"

Before Picture:

34202543025_65d5c67a84_b.jpg2015Silverado_1stPics-04 by Mark Anderson, on Flickr

After Leveling & Tires:

34070472231_9c300709f2_b.jpg2015Silverado_NewTiresHQ-3 by Mark Anderson, on Flickr

Last night on the way home from a friend's house, I noticed that my headlights were shining really high, so I decided to adjust them today per the procedure I found online.

The procedure I did was pretty simple.....

1. Important: Find a level surface where you have a flat vertical wall (garage door, etc.). Park your truck approximately 25' (distance from headlight to wall) from the vertical surface.
  2. With your low beams on, measure from the ground up to the center of your low beams right at your truck for both sides. (Note: should be close to same height with someone in the drivers seat)
  3. Shine your low beams at the wall (25' away), and you will be able to see the top edge of the light from both the left and right headlights. Measure from the floor up to that top edge of light for both sides. This measurement will be approximate. It is hard to get exact. Just try to measure to the same location for both sides.
  4. The correct height should be 2" to 2.5" lower than your measurements in step 2 above.
  5. For the K2 GM trucks, lift the hood and the headlight up/down adjustment screw is located looking through an open hole in the plastic shroud directly above each headlight assembly. It has a white plastic head with provisions for using a Phillips-head screwdriver. I took a black sharpie and marked the 12:00 position so I could accurately count the number of revolutions I made during my adjustments.
  6. Turning the adjustment clockwise adjusts the beam down, so turning it counter-clockwise adjusts the beam up.

The following was what i measured for my truck after the leveling kit and larger diameter tires....

• Center of low beams measured at truck: Driver Side - 44.25" Passenger Side - 44"
  • Initial measurements at wall 25' away: Driver Side - 47.5" Passenger Side - 47"
  • Number of full clockwise turns on adjusters: Driver Side: - 2 1/2 turns Passenger Side - 2 turns
  • Final measurement at wall: Driver Side - 42" Passenger Side - 42"

I will check this tonight to make sure I have good road coverage and adjust again if necessary.

• 7 months later...
On 4/23/2017 at 12:39 PM, MacA said:

I will check this tonight to make sure I have good road coverage and adjust again if necessary.

How did this work out?

Thanks for posting the directions. I just realized that I've been blinding people for a while and need to adjust mine down a little bit.

3 hours ago, ElJefeBlanco said:

How did this work out?

Thanks for posting the directions. I just realized that I've been blinding people for a while and need to adjust mine down a little bit.

It was perfect! Thanks!

Archived