2017 silverado 1500 ACTUAL mpg with AFM acitve?!

Terrain also has alot to do with these numbers. Some people live in areas of the country that are largely flat. They will see considerably higher mpg than those of us that live in areas loaded with hills.

Combine hilly terrain with stop and go driving and you won't enjoy the high numbers. However, when you compare these trucks with previous generation trucks, in the same surroundings, the mileage is outstanding. I usually keep my DIC on K/100kms (mpg) and it is easy to see how sensitive the results are to traffic and terrain.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Terrain also has alot to do with these numbers. Some people live in areas of the country that are largely flat. They will see considerably higher mpg than those of us that live in areas loaded with hills.

My thoughts exactly.

Colorado driven 2012 Sierra Ext. cab, 5.3, 6 spd., 3.42's. Lots of mountain driving, 16.2 mpg average on 91 oct.

I started using 91 oct. to see the difference after using 85 oct. since buying. Been using 91 oct. for 3 months. Mileage didn't change much but pulling hills, a trailer or truck bed loaded it was noticeable. :happysad:

I just did an 800 mile round trip from NY to Virginia and back and averaged 21.5 hand calculated (21.4 on the DIC). That's with a '15 Sierra 5.3 3.42 CCSB. Cruise control was at 75 95% of the trip.

My average normal driving commuting to work and around town is 16.2 mpg after 30k miles

With normal cruising in warm weather I'v averaged as much as 23-24 for longer drives, but in a lot of stop and go, it drops rapidly to 16-17 or even 13-14 in crappy weather like snow and cold. I'd say year round I probably still average around 18 with the 6.2. Likely could be closer to 20 but I also get on it a lot especially since I got the Corsa sport!!

380mi roundtrip, averaged 25.6mpg hand calculated, 65-75mph.

This is a 17 Sierra double cab 5.3 3.42 gears. 6c43439cb60c1f32e74f9c23dc706cf6.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Just...

No...

Post another pic with your best 400 miles, which is what you should have done in the first place seeing as your trip was 380 miles.

You do this in all threads about MPG. Stop being a jealous little twit and calling people liars just because you can't achieve good gas milage. These high MPG's can be achieved by following the speed limit, using cruise control, and not driving like a bat out of hell. I commonly get 30 MPG in my truck and have posted it here. Your tired shtick is becoming annoying.

That kind of mileage can be achieved over 50 miles, tailwind, going 45-50 mph. But no way over the course of 400 miles going that fast. He said he went 400 miles er... 380. Why didn't he show the best 400 instead of the best 50? Just asking....

I posted my results in 2014 with my DC 345 gear 23MPG with V4 off. It was Texas to Orlando. On 75 toward Orlando it was 24 MPG all going 72MPH. On the same trip different time with V4 I got 1 MPG better so it stayed off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just...

No...

Post another pic with your best 400 miles, which is what you should have done in the first place seeing as your trip was 380 miles.

Good lord. Sorry I ever posted.

This forum is full of nay Sayers...

I have a Super Duty for power and low fuel mileage. I drive the Sierra like a grandpa, as it's because we aren't working and are enjoying the drive.

Next road trip I'll take better pictures to prove the mileage. I also live in NWL MI so there are hills, curves, etc etc...

Good lord. Sorry I ever posted.

This forum is full of nay Sayers...

I have a Super Duty for power and low fuel mileage. I drive the Sierra like a grandpa, as it's because we aren't working and are enjoying the drive.

Next road trip I'll take better pictures to prove the mileage. I also live in NWL MI so there are hills, curves, etc etc...

My post didn't come off right at all. My apologies. Now where is that delete key?

i think we all can agree on one thing is these trucks like the open road......i average about 20-24 highway and 14-18 city driving.if you read most of these threads that everyones posts. this average seems to be about the norm.what i find funny is that it does not matter if your truck is a 6.2 vs 5.3,6sp vs 8sp or 3.08 vs 3.23 vs 3.42. when its all said and done they average ABOUT the same.......

Archived