2017 silverado 1500 ACTUAL mpg with AFM acitve?!

mine got 17-18mpg driving from boston to florida last month. ive never seen one in the northeast get over 20mpg. the dash says 22mpg but once you hand calc it, its more like 17-19.

Am I the only one whose DIC mileage matches my hand calculated mileage? If it's not identical it's within .1-2 every time

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I the only one whose DIC mileage matches my hand calculated mileage? If it's not identical it's within .1-2 every time

Only had ours for three tanks, need to fill the fourth tomorrow, but this far it's very close...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

It'd seem that a lot of folks here judge their "full tank" mileage by "the last 50 mile thingy in the DIC"!!!! I can pull numbers like 26-27mpg right after filling up and 5-10 miles to the house running 30-45mph thru suburbia. But do I do that????? No effing way, because I wanna give an actual result of what these truck can do.................not a parsed one.

I'm calling BS on the guys that claim 25-26mpg running 65-75..........even 80mph............................not to mention the asshat that claims 30mpg above.......................unless you have a "gale force" wind behind you all the time!!!!!! I can pull 21-22mpg running 70mph in the Summer months with V8 shut off as long as I'm not bucking a strong wind. AFM ain't helping y'all that much running those speeds you claim. My Winter driving with a 50/50 combo of suburbia driving towing and not towing I get 17-18mpg..................unless it's really, really cold, and it'll drop to 15-16mpg.

I've owned this truck for 9 months now and have put just under 20,000 miles on her.....................all trouble and vibration free. 2 trips from Chitcago to Orlando and back. One trip Chitcago to Baton Rouge and back. One trip Chitcago to Stevens Point, WI and back. And another to Easter Iowa and back from the Chitcago area. I know what these trucks cruise like...............as probably half the miles on my truck are Interstate highway miles.

I will absolutely get 25mpg if I set cruise on 65mph, problem is I never do. The only roads long enough to travel that fast without interruption is the highway, and I do 75-80 on the highway.

Cruise 75 I get 22mpg all day long. 80mph I get about 20-21mpg.

Corvettes and camaro's with the same engine have been know to get 30-35mpg under the same circumstance.

These motors, and even the ls v8's before them, really know how to sip fuel when crusing.

if ur not posting ur lifetime avg its bullshit...

I don't have a pic but since I bought my truck I get 15.8 over 24,000 miles. I live in central Texas hill country and drive across Austin/round rock everyday. I feel like if I lived in San Antonio like I used to I would get better fuel mileage

2014 Chevy silverado Z71 DCSB w/Bilstein 5100 level

Archived