I started removing the interior trim in my 2016 sierra. My plan is to vinyl wrap it all with red carbon fibre wrap. But I am stuck on one piece. It is the silver one that goes around the stereo controls. Please excuse my crappy picture as I took it at night and tried to brighten it up.

Does anyone know how to remove this piece?

post-169323-0-33823800-1492838838_thumb.jpg

i took all my entertainment center apart to change the colour of the LED lights to blue

here is the post about that: http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/189651-bc-chris-2014-silverado-slz-z71/?p=1866476

hoping that might help.

i think once you get the center section out you can likely access it from the back.... but i tore my stuff apart last september, so i could be remembering incorrectly

I took out all the screws and just very carefully lifted up the screen and everything else enough to get that piece loose enough to take out. if you're nervous about it all I would just make sure you have an extra pair of hands around to gently see how everything comes apart. It's fairly easy though, I never found a write up on it and was able to figure out how it's all put together lol good luck and post pictures when you get it all wrapped! I got all my pieces Hydrodipped in a candy blue carbon fiber

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i took all my entertainment center apart to change the colour of the LED lights to blue

here is the post about that: http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/189651-bc-chris-2014-silverado-slz-z71/?p=1866476

hoping that might help.

i think once you get the center section out you can likely access it from the back.... but i tore my stuff apart last september, so i could be remembering incorrectly

followed your link...read the whole thread...i'm impressed man!!!.. awesome truck and even better work!!!... one of the better write up's I've seen!

thank for taking your time to do that for the forum!.. kats like you is what make this forum rockin!

I started removing the interior trim in my 2016 sierra. My plan is to vinyl wrap it all with red carbon fibre wrap. But I am stuck on one piece. It is the silver one that goes around the stereo controls. Please excuse my crappy picture as I took it at night and tried to brighten it up.

Does anyone know how to remove this piece?

attachicon.gifstereo trim 2.jpg

If it's a vinyl wrap, contact Gatorwraps, they wrap all kinds of crazy things and lettering decals. You might also want to check Gatorprints.

Archived