difference between waxes for silver ...?

i have silver ice metallic silverado I'm gonna be detailing i have 2 different waxes both meguiars one is the professional mirror glaze hi-tech yellow wax #26 the other is meguiars ultimate liquid was iv read that carnudba waxes are better for darker colors ? I'm trying to get the wet glossy mirror like look and i know silver is harder to get to look like that does anyone know witch of these 2 waxes will be better for what I'm trying to achieve ? iv already used a clay bar and I'm gonna be compounding then polishing

The gloss comes from the prep. I find sealants topped by wax make my sheer silver "pop"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

witch sealant do you recommend ?

I have used blackfire and also carpro reload. My newest favorite though is Adams ceramic boost. I have not yet tried to use wax over this. When I get a new truck my plan is to have the Adams ceramic coating added. This along with the boost really brings out the shine. I have used the wheel kit with great results

Silver is an awesome beautiful color, and easy to take share of. I had silver on my old truck. It hides a lot of imperfections, and dirt very well. Unlike my new truck which is Black. I wouldn't sweat it too much. Just use any top shelf wax or sealer and you will be fine. I use the meguires ultimate paste on my current truck now, it is easy to apply and remove, and it seems to last quite a while. (3-5 months depending on the weather) and my truck sleeps outside. It also gives my paint a awesome shine and depth. But like I already said, any top shelf product is going to work great.

• 10 months later...
I have used blackfire and also carpro reload. My newest favorite though is Adams ceramic boost. I have not yet tried to use wax over this. When I get a new truck my plan is to have the Adams ceramic coating added. This along with the boost really brings out the shine. I have used the wheel kit with great results

I too like Blackfire Wet Diamond on silver.

Archived