Diablew tune review

On friday I purchased a tune from lew and data logged the same day. The instructions for data logging say 2-3min at 17-2400rpm, so i hit the highway in 5th gear at 68mph and set cruse control. Friday night emailed the logs and last written tunes and waited impatiently. I receved an email saturday yes Saturday around 330 that i forgot to send him the tcm files. So i sent the tcm files around 7pm. At 11:11pm that night i had my custom tune! I awoke Sunday ran down the stairs pushed my wife and child out of the way and jumped on the pc. I downloaded the tunes and installed on my truck, WOW night and day. I need to put some miles on it before I do the WOT log, but so far very impressed. Lew has very good service and is quick to respond to emails and responded on Saturday! I will update on the process when i get some miles and the finished tune.

On friday I purchased a tune from lew and data logged the same day. The instructions for data logging say 2-3min at 17-2400rpm, so i hit the highway in 5th gear at 68mph and set cruse control. Friday night emailed the logs and last written tunes and waited impatiently. I receved an email saturday yes Saturday around 330 that i forgot to send him the tcm files. So i sent the tcm files around 7pm. At 11:11pm that night i had my custom tune! I awoke Sunday ran down the stairs pushed my wife and child out of the way and jumped on the pc. I downloaded the tunes and installed on my truck, WOW night and day. I need to put some miles on it before I do the WOT log, but so far very impressed. Lew has very good service and is quick to respond to emails and responded on Saturday! I will update on the process when i get some miles and the finished tune.

That's awesome! Probably going that route soon. I have the canned diablo 93 tune in now with 15% throttle boost which helped but I need a custom tune. However I have the Intune 1000. I just bought it a couple years ago but it seems to be unsupported with updates. (TCM 8 speed) Anyway glad to hear more good things about tuning. What all feels different to you?

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

What was the total cost of this vs a $600 blackbear tune?

I cant remember what i paid for the intune but i think it was around 300 and than 150 for the tune by lew, but lew will modify the tune up to 1 year from payment.

That's awesome! Probably going that route soon. I have the canned diablo 93 tune in now with 15% throttle boost which helped but I need a custom tune. However I have the Intune 1000. I just bought it a couple years ago but it seems to be unsupported with updates. (TCM 8 speed) Anyway glad to hear more good things about tuning. What all feels different to you?

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Throttle,shift firmness, and acceleration all feel better. But i only drove for 10 minutes. I will update on everything when i get some miles on it.

did you have the intune tuned on the truck prior to running diablews tune? Ive also got a 93 Tune from the Diablosport now and wondering what the difference would be if I purchased his tune.

Yes you must have a canned tune installed first must have something like 150 miles on the tune, but so far its lew seems better than the can tuned.

How hard is it to install the tune. Because I'm not good with computers at all

Easy as 123, 1.Plug unit into obd port 2.select tune vehicle and follow prompts 3.unplug and enjoy. Thats the process In a nut shell only takes 3-5min.

I put about 30 miles on so far, i highly recommend lew my truck runs a lot better, its so much smoother over canned and a world over stock. I cant wait to do the wot data loged and grt my final tune.

• 2 months later...

I put about 30 miles on so far, i highly recommend lew my truck runs a lot better, its so much smoother over canned and a world over stock. I cant wait to do the wot data loged and grt my final tune.

Did you finish the wot part ? How is it working out for you? I'm about to pull the trigger on a diablew tune myself... Just wondering if you habe any regrets ?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Did you finish the wot part ? How is it working out for you? I'm about to pull the trigger on a diablew tune myself... Just wondering if you habe any regrets ?

Yes i did, no regrets it rund great! Better than stock

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Do you have Lew contact information? I just got a Diablo Sport Trinity. It has help with overall performance and MPG. Thanks

I did but i dont think you have too

Archived