Wireless charging

6 minutes ago, Bangback said:

Interestingly enough, when the phone won't charge on the wireless pad, if I plug in a lightning cable hooked up to the truck's USB port, then place it on the wireless pad while still connected to the cord, it will begin to charge wirelessly.  Even after i disconnect the cable, it will maintain normal behavior for wireless charging.  I can take it off the pad, put it back on right side up, upside down, etc, and it will still recognize the iPhone X and charge.

This could be a temporary workaround to have something working until we figure everything out with the 2018 modules?

Funny.  Something like that happened once for me.  After truck started, plugged phone in and started driving down the road with phone on the mat.  A few miles down the road the lightning symbol popped up on my dash indicating wireless charging with the phone.  I unplugged usb cable to the phone while leaving the phone on the mat and it kept charging wirelessly. Then I picked up the phone for a few seconds, put it back on the mat, and it wouldn't charge wirelessly again.  Tried plugging the usb back in and reproducing the situation and could never get it to do it again after about 10+ attempts. 

42 minutes ago, cmatt said:

I clarified with him what I was looking for. I gave him the VIN for a 2018 Yukon Denali to use. He gave me p/n 23264395 and said it was about $9.

Here is a better picture of the back.  Only 9 ribs.  You would think that if they revised a part, that it would have a different part number.  If they are using the same part number as the old 9 rib rubber piece, it is going to be difficult to try to locate the new 10 rib batch.

image.jpg

Edited by Bangback

38 minutes ago, rtreptow7 said:

Funny.  Something like that happened once for me.  After truck started, plugged phone in and started driving down the road with phone on the mat.  A few miles down the road the lightning symbol popped up on my dash indicating wireless charging with the phone.  I unplugged usb cable to the phone while leaving the phone on the mat and it kept charging wirelessly. Then I picked up the phone for a few seconds, put it back on the mat, and it wouldn't charge wirelessly again.  Tried plugging the usb back in and reproducing the situation and could never get it to do it again after about 10+ attempts. 

I'm sure mine will start acting like yours after a while!  I'm so frustrated that I'm almost at the point of taking out the whole GM unit, and putting a cheap $10 Qi charger in there and just hooking it up to USB.

23 minutes ago, Bangback said:

I'm sure mine will start acting like yours after a while!  I'm so frustrated that I'm almost at the point of taking out the whole GM unit, and putting a cheap $10 Qi charger in there and just hooking it up to USB.

I'm almost to that point too. I bought the cheap wireless charger already and am tempted to do this, but I figure I'll wait a couple more weeks to see if anyone comes up with a solution.  Using the aftermarket wireless charger plugged in to usb also gives the benefit of being able to use carplay while charging wirelessly  then too.  Can't do that with the OEM wireless charger.

I just returned from my local dealer.

The charging rubber mat is still listed as 23264395. I ordered one, and am hopeful that it is the latest design. It is listed '16-'18

The module is 13521066. This is not been issued a price from GM, and is not yet available for service. It is listed for '18 only.

The module console harness is 23124536. It is $30 wholesale. It is listed for '18 only.

15 minutes ago, 2017SierraSLT said:

I just returned from my local dealer.

The charging rubber mat is still listed as 23264395. I ordered one, and am hopeful that it is the latest design. It is listed '16-'18

The module is 13521066. This is not been issued a price from GM, and is not yet available for service. It is listed for '18 only.

The module console harness is 23124536. It is $30 wholesale. It is listed for '18 only.

I just got a quote from an online parts supplier for 13521066 for 97.65 plus shipping.  I placed the order.  Then got a return email saying "I need a VIN number to pull part from back order facility".  I responded explaining this whole situation and sent him my VIN from my 2017...waiting for a response now again.

2 minutes ago, rtreptow7 said:

I just got a quote from an online parts supplier for 13521066 for 97.65 plus shipping.  I placed the order.  Then got a return email saying "I need a VIN number to pull part from back order facility".  I responded explaining this whole situation and sent him my VIN from my 2017...waiting for a response now again.

The VIN from my friends 2018 Sierra is

1GTV2NEC1JZ113775

I would get a VIN from a 2018 that has it and give that to him. I think they have to use a VIN that has the option to be able to order when in a back order status.

Never had an android, let alone an S7, but they dont because they are too big? Is the S8 same size or bigger or smaller?

I have an iPhone 6 Plus with a wireless charging case and it doesnt charge properly because its too big. If I get a newer iPhone, I am probably going with a non Plus.

I don’t understand about the wireless charging as I have a Apple 7plus, which is to big for the charging mat also, if you want to use Apple Car Play you need your phone to be connected with the USB, which than allows you to use car play and charges your phone at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk