Wireless charging

• 4 weeks later...

See the PDF file attached below this poor quality unformatted copy/paste list which phones are supposed to fit properly and charge in our trucks. You can read on the bottom 2 paragraphs some notes and phones that don't fit due to physical size. The new Galaxy S8 fits but the S8 plus does not according to GM.

Revision: April 26, 2017 Phone Manufacturer Phone Model Built-In Wireless Charging Recommended Case / Back Cover Apple iPhone 4/4s Energizer Model: IC-IP4G Apple iPhone 5/5s Aircharge MFi Qi iPhone 5S / 5 Wireless Charging Case AIR0191 Duracell/Powermat REC000078 CHOETECH Qi Standard Wireless Charger Receiver Case for iPhone 5/5s Apple iPhone 6/6s iPhone 7 BEZALEL Latitude [Qi + PMA] Dual-Mode Universal Wireless Charging Receiver Case Aircharge MFi Qi iPhone 6S / 6 Wireless Charging Case HTC Incredible2 HTC6350-WLDR LG Nexus 4 X Built-in / Not Required LG Nexus 5 X Built-in / Not Required LG Spectrum 2 X Built-in / Not Required Motorola Droid 4 Motorola Model: MOTDRD4-WLDR Motorola Droid Bionic Motorola Model: MOTBIO-WLDR Motorola Droid Maxx X Built-in / Not Required Motorola Droid Mini X Built-in / Not Required Motorola Moto X Incipio model: MT231 Nokia Lumia 920 X Built-in / Not Required Nokia Lumia 928 X Built-in / Not Required Nokia Lumia 830 / 930 X Built-in / Not Required Nokia Lumia 950 / 950 XL X Built-in / Not Required Samsung Galaxy S3 Duracell/Powermat: REC000072 Samsung Galaxy S4 Samsung Model: EP-CI950IWK Incipio Model: SA-069-SLV; SA-069-BLK Samsung Galaxy S5 Samsung model: EP-VG900BBU Samsung model: EP-CG900IBA Samsung Galaxy S6 X Built-in / Not Required Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge X Built-in / Not Required Samsung Galaxy S8 X Built-in / Not Required

Notes: 1) If phone does not charge, remove it from charger for 3 seconds and rotate phone 180 degrees. 2) Not all phones fit into all vehicle integrations. 3) Cases used on phones with built-in wireless charging capability may have reduced performance. 4) Do not use the wireless charging system with objects between the charger and the phone. 5) Phones that are longer than 150mm (approx 6 inches) may have reduced or no performance. 6) Phones that are not listed have not been evaluated for compatibility.

Incompatible Phones Due to Physical Size: 1) Samsung Galaxy S6 Active 1) Apple iPhone 6 Plus, 7 Plus 2) Samsung Galaxy S7, S7 Active 2) Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus 3) Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge 4) Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus 5) Samsung Note 5, Note 7 G

GM_Wireless_Charging_Compatible_Device (1).pdf

Do you have a case on the s8 plus?(If so which one) I'm going tomorrow for new phones and was going with the regular s8 so I can use the wireless charging feature. I know some hate it, but I like it and use it everyday on my way home.Thanks..

Do you have a case on the s8 plus?(If so which one) I'm going tomorrow for new phones and was going with the regular s8 so I can use the wireless charging feature. I know some hate it, but I like it and use it everyday on my way home.Thanks..

I have an s8+ and it works...slow speigen slim case, bottom of the phone propped up on back of the armrest.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

I have a S7, and it charges fine in my truck....

...because I installed my own 3-coil wireless charger under the mat. :)

Ditto. Even charges in an Otterbox. Sometimes it does move off the pad though.

But I have the bench seat. I'm not sure the phone fits in the bucket seat console. I know my last phone (Note 4) didn't fit in the bucket console but did in the bench console.

I don't get what all the fuss is about charging. My Samsung s7 lasts almost 2 days. No need to charge it slowly on a wireless pad. Mine is plugged in to usb for android auto all the time anyway. Glad a few different solutions have surfaced for those with bigger phones who want the feature

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The phones will charge on the charging pad, they are just too large to seat themselves in the proper spot with a case on them. I have a 2016 with the Qi pad, and it worked fine with my S7Edge and also works for my S8+. I'll try to get you a pic this evening when I leave the office.

If you angle the top bezel of the phone at downward angle with the top bezel pointing toward the front of the truck, with the bottom bezel raised outside of the pad, the phone will not slip, and it will also charge flawlessly. But, since the Qi pads aren't fast charging, I'd recommend getting you a fast travel charger and use your AC/DC jack that should also be built into your center console. I only use the wireless charger if I don' need some juice quickly. I forgot what the output rating of the pads are, but it's not very high.

I hope that makes sense.

Edited by Penywyz DaClown