Issue with bent front bumper

I imagine others have had this issue. I bought my truck used, and while the previous owner took care of maintenance, it was used commercially for a home builder, so the body didn't get taken very well care of. They must have gotten the bumper stuck on something as it bent on both sides of the car at the same spot and is now kind of hanging down. Does anyone know of a fix for this or is a body shop my best bet. At first I didnt mind it so much but as people pointed it out to me and I saw other 1500s without this problem, it has gotten to the point where I want to fix it. Any help is appreciated. Below is a picture of my bumper. Thanks for any info.

gallery_171983_3_2214954.jpg

Use a hydraulic floor jack with a block of wood to gently raise the corners back to level. Remove the lower valence first to avoid damaging it and then reinstall it when finished. Make sure to take your time when jacking the bumper back to level, slow and steady..... :thumbs:

It is difficult to tell from this picture if this is a simple fix or requires a replacement. Go visit a couple of collision repair facilities for a free estimate. You can then decide if it is a home repair.

Is it actually bent? There are 6-8 bolts holding the bumper on. If you loosen them all, the bumper will sag like this. (I replaced my tow hooks which required bumper "removal".) You might just check to see if you can loosen all the bolts and re-align it.

• 1 month later...

Hey just to update everyone, I took it to the body shop and they just bent the brackets back that hold the bumper on with some machine. It looks about 95% better and saved me from having to buy a new bumper. Only cost around $50 so it was well worth it.

Archived