What above posts are related to is easy exit.

Need to set the easy exit to memory, with the wifes key in the ignition move the seat down and back. Push set then the button forward of the 1+2 buttons. ;)

Then when she opens the door the seat will go where you want it.

although this isnt the way i thought this would fix the problem, it is a solution! i tried the exit button, and it actually pushed my seat forward! ha! i didnt realize i could save that, i thought it was a default...but i do like that and will use it. thank you sir! (now what about the rest of the controls? :))

So the seats should move automatically before entering the vehicle or when the correct key is inserted? I thought you had to push 1 or 2 every time the driver changes.

Definitely a "first world problem" and a historically recent issue. I recall adjusting the bench seat with two passengers joining you for the adjustment!

been there done that! haha!

So the seats should move automatically before entering the vehicle or when the correct key is inserted? I thought you had to push 1 or 2 every time the driver changes.

in my '08 (and it sounds like all the way up to '15) yes, you could program the seat memory to be synced with your remote...so when you unlocked your vehicle with the remote (1 or 2) it would move your seat to that saved position...make sense?

in my '08 (and it sounds like all the way up to '15) yes, you could program the seat memory to be synced with your remote...so when you unlocked your vehicle with the remote (1 or 2) it would move your seat to that saved position...make sense?

Yeah, so I guess they don't do the same on the 16/17.

Both - When the correct key is inserted - or when you press and hold the door button..........

Yeah, so I guess they don't do the same on the 16/17.

No sir, changed it starting with the 16's. Key in the ignition or button on the door, does not move by just using remote, and then opening door like the 14's and 15's.

The easiest (and imo smartest) solution is to not let your wife drive your truck. Works for me! =)

my preference is for her to not...but sometimes its unavoidable...she prefers to drive her 4 runner...so under normal circumstances...this isnt an issue...like i said, even though i've had this truck for a while now...the main reason it came up was because i was standing in the pouring rain trying to move my seat forward enough just so i could squeeze in! haha!

Definitely a "first world problem" and a historically recent issue. I recall adjusting the bench seat with two passengers joining you for the adjustment!

And the real fun part was when the ends were pushed uneven and the seat cocked, or if the crossover cable slacked and the passenger side failed to lock.

And the real fun part was when the ends were pushed uneven and the seat cocked, or if the crossover cable slacked and the passenger side failed to lock.

or if you had an inexperienced seat mover and you basically played teeter-totter for 10 mins! haha!

Archived