Trailer Brake controller

Hi.

I have a 2017 simverado 1500 ltz w the 5.3. I recently purchased a oem trailer brake controller for my truck. Plugged it into the factory harness in the dash panel above the 4wd knob and lights control and still have no trailer brakes or gain. My fuses under the hood are good. Any input on this issue would be great. Does the computer need to be flashed or reprogramed? Dealers are of no help btw.

Hi.

I have a 2017 simverado 1500 ltz w the 5.3. I recently purchased a oem trailer brake controller for my truck. Plugged it into the factory harness in the dash panel above the 4wd knob and lights control and still have no trailer brakes or gain. My fuses under the hood are good. Any input on this issue would be great. Does the computer need to be flashed or reprogramed? Dealers are of no help btw.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/199835-integrated-brake-control/?hl=trailer+brake+controller&do=findComment&comment=1966790

:banghead:

I suspect the dealers that were "no help" were telling you it can't be done. This is one of those modifications that may not be impossible, but not worth the cost and effort when compared to the alternatives! I suspect trading your vehicle would even be more cost effective! I have some pretty good parts people at my gm dealership and they are good at giving advice!

Archived