Shake when towing

2017 Sierra, tow package, 6.2 Lt, 8sp tranny and 3:42 rear end. 5000km on truck (3000 miles)

Took my boat out of storage (2003 pro sport 17' Lund walk through fishing boat) this past Sunday. While on the highway A very noticeable shake started throughout the truck at about 100-110 Km/hr (60-65 MPH). Towed my snowmobile trailer this winter when the truck was newer, ran up and down highway since Ive had it and never a shake. I have read up on the chevy shake issues in the past years but never read anyone stating that the shake occurred specifically when towing. Mine is only when I towed my boat which is only slightly heavier tongue weight than my sled trailer. Curious what some of you think or have experienced and what The fix was...????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trouble agreeing with that one. Has never ever happened with any other truck and that boat would have to shake like a bitch to be able to shake the truck like that.

Tires could be flat spotted. Easy enough to test, have a buddy tow the boat with his truck.

I'll take it back out shortly, run it for 25-30 miles to get the tires warmed up and see what happens. If it still shakes I'll borrow buddies truck and te-try. Hope is just the tires. Had the boat and trailer for 14 years now and this has never occured... interesting. Let y'all know. Thx

I'll take it back out shortly, run it for 25-30 miles to get the tires warmed up and see what happens. If it still shakes I'll borrow buddies truck and te-try. Hope is just the tires. Had the boat and trailer for 14 years now and this has never occured... interesting. Let y'all know. Thx

14 year old tires.....you need new ones .....just saying

Well y'all were 100% accurate. Took it for a 25 mile journey. No change in shake. For hom put the old spare set on and shake gone! In 14 years of storing this boat same place same way I have never had this issue. Thanks all for your input!

Well y'all were 100% accurate. Took it for a 25 mile journey. No change in shake. For hom put the old spare set on and shake gone! In 14 years of storing this boat same place same way I have never had this issue. Thanks all for your input!

Keep those old tires as your storage set. Put the good ones on when actively towing.

Archived