Will running boards from a 2500 fit my 1500?

From looking at pictures they do seem to be different because of the tank on the right side but is there a way to make the 2500 running boards fit a 1500? Trying to buy some oem running boards of a guy and they are a great price so I really want to make them work. I have a 2014 and he has a 2015

Edited by Gingerly

Yeah they'll work but might need a little work on the mounting point where the 2500 Def tank was located...But 7 of 8 mounting points are spot on. Just installed some off of my neighbors 2500 truck on my sisters 1500 truck. That's why I can speak

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Edited by rully1012

Awesome! Thank you! Was there anything that you did to make those mounting points work

Yeah they'll work but might need a little work on the mounting point where the 2500 Def tank was located...But 7 of 8 mounting points are spot on. Just installed some off of my neighbors 2500 truck on my sisters 1500 truck. That's why I can speak

Awesome! Thank you! Was there anything that you did to make those mounting points work

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

I bought some running boards from a 1500 for my 2500HD diesel. Is there a way to make the bracket/mount fit properly on tbe RF? I haven’t tried them on yet. Just doing research and h came across this old thread! Hope someone can chime in. Thanks!!