keyless entry?

both of my remotes stop working at the same time....any solutions? fuses? reprogram? i wouldnt think both batteries went out at the same time ( i dont ever use one of them) thanks in advance

If it's the new style body, the RCDLR was a little kwirky and sometimes would lose programming. I found 2 solutions, one was to remove the fuse for the RCDLR and wait 10 seconds, plug it back in and try your remotes. If this doesn't work try reprogramming them, the 07 has on board programming.

2007 New Body Style

Use this Procedure for Vehicles with
Driver Information Center Buttons

This information is in your Owners Manual in the
Drivers Information Center Section.

1. Insert Key and turn to ON position so you can access Driver Information Center

2. Press the vehicle information button until
PRESS TO RELEARN REMOTE KEY displays

3. Press the set/reset button until
REMOTE KEY LEARNING ACTIVE displays

4. Press and hold the lock and unlock buttons on the keyless remote at the same
time for approximatley 15 seconds. A chime will sound indicating that the remote is
programmed.

5. To program additional remotes at this time repeat step 4.
This vehicle can have a maximum of eight remotes programmed

6. To exit programming mode turn key off and remove key.
Test remote(s).

Use this Procedure for Vehicles without
Drivers Information Center Buttons

To access this display, the vehicle must be in Park (P) with key in the on position (as far
as you can go without cranking engine)

1. Press the trip odometer reset stem until RELEARN REMOTE KEY displays.

2. Press and hold the trip odometer reset stem for three seconds.
The message REMOTE KEY LEARNING ACTIVE will display

3. Press and hold the lock and unlock buttons on the first keyless remote at the same
time for approximately 15 seconds. A chime
will sound indicating that the remote is
programmed.

4. To program additional remotes at this time repeat step 3.
This vehicle can have a maximum of eight remotes programmed.

5. To exit programming mode turn key off and remove key.
Test remote(s).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 4/25/2017 at 6:55 AM, Coby7 said:

If it's the new style body, the RCDLR was a little kwirky and sometimes would lose programming. I found 2 solutions, one was to remove the fuse for the RCDLR and wait 10 seconds, plug it back in and try your remotes. If this doesn't work try reprogramming them, the 07 has on board programming.

2007 New Body Style

Use this Procedure for Vehicles with
Driver Information Center Buttons

This information is in your Owners Manual in the
Drivers Information Center Section.

1. Insert Key and turn to ON position so you can access Driver Information Center

2. Press the vehicle information button until
PRESS TO RELEARN REMOTE KEY displays

3. Press the set/reset button until
REMOTE KEY LEARNING ACTIVE displays

4. Press and hold the lock and unlock buttons on the keyless remote at the same
time for approximatley 15 seconds. A chime will sound indicating that the remote is
programmed.

5. To program additional remotes at this time repeat step 4.
This vehicle can have a maximum of eight remotes programmed

6. To exit programming mode turn key off and remove key.
Test remote(s).

Use this Procedure for Vehicles without
Drivers Information Center Buttons

To access this display, the vehicle must be in Park (P) with key in the on position (as far
as you can go without cranking engine)

1. Press the trip odometer reset stem until RELEARN REMOTE KEY displays.

2. Press and hold the trip odometer reset stem for three seconds.
The message REMOTE KEY LEARNING ACTIVE will display

3. Press and hold the lock and unlock buttons on the first keyless remote at the same
time for approximately 15 seconds. A chime
will sound indicating that the remote is
programmed.

4. To program additional remotes at this time repeat step 3.
This vehicle can have a maximum of eight remotes programmed.

5. To exit programming mode turn key off and remove key.
Test remote(s).

i am stil dealing with this....havent been trying to fix it lately...but it wont even go into relearn mode when i press the check it just blinks once and thats it.....

5 hours ago, mrflip09 said:

i am stil dealing with this....havent been trying to fix it lately...but it wont even go into relearn mode when i press the check it just blinks once and thats it.....

Do the horns on the vehicle work?

2 hours ago, carnau said:

Do the horns on the vehicle work?

yes it works.......if i remember correctly my battery went dead and thats when my remotes stop working.....when i click the check mark on relearn learn remotes it just blinks once and thats it......my tire pressure light is on and none of my tires r reading anything!

On 11/27/2017 at 12:30 PM, carnau said:

Take both battery cables loose. Hold the 2 battery cables together. This will do a logic lock reset. Try that and let me know what happens.

smh go away if u not gonna help

On 11/27/2017 at 12:30 PM, carnau said:

Take both battery cables loose. Hold the 2 battery cables together. This will do a logic lock reset. Try that and let me know what happens.

ok i just did research on this and its actually legit..i thought u was messing withe me....lol.....i have one of those scanning tools for codes...would that reset it also? safer? 

18 hours ago, mrflip09 said:

ok i just did research on this and its actually legit..i thought u was messing withe me....lol.....i have one of those scanning tools for codes...would that reset it also? safer? 

Lol I am here to help. not steer you in a bad direction or tear your vehicle up.

What removing both the cables and holding them together does is discharge the capacitors that hold faulty incorrect information in the vehicle. All the data the car receives is through electrical current that changes. If the capacitor is holding a charge and the module thinks it is at 0 volts but actually has 5 volts it is going to read 8 volts as 3 volts and you're going to have problems. lol

Doing this will not mess your vehicle up at all.

2 hours ago, carnau said:

Lol I am here to help. not steer you in a bad direction or tear your vehicle up.

What removing both the cables and holding them together does is discharge the capacitors that hold faulty incorrect information in the vehicle. All the data the car receives is through electrical current that changes. If the capacitor is holding a charge and the module thinks it is at 0 volts but actually has 5 volts it is going to read 8 volts as 3 volts and you're going to have problems. lol

Doing this will not mess your vehicle up at all.

lol i will give it a try...when i first read it i was like what an ****...but then i laughed....then i researched and found out it was legit...hahaa....more ya know 

6 hours ago, mrflip09 said:

lol i will give it a try...when i first read it i was like what an ****...but then i laughed....then i researched and found out it was legit...hahaa....more ya know 

Yeah. It seems like it could be a joke. But it works.

On 11/27/2017 at 2:30 PM, carnau said:

You forgot to tell them for no more than 1 second.  If you hold the 2 cables together too long or do this too often you will shorten the life of all circuitry that use internal battery back-up like RAM and many eproms. Some modules have some kind of protection but not all.  I've seen ECMs and Body Control units rendered useless.  I suggest simply removing the RCDLR fuse and wait 10 seconds, this is sufficient to drain any capacitor in the module, then re-insert fuse or new fuse if you notice discoloration on the tabs.

Yea, I was a legit process per GM until about a year or so ago. Now they say do it but use a test light between the cables. Light bub test light, not an led light. Possible module damage as said. Actually there is no good use for an led test light.

Archived