Engine Additives

Just purchased a 2014 Sierra Denali and it runs just fine. I'm coming up on my first fill up and I was wondering if anyone in here has had any experience running fuel additives in these newer model trucks. It's a 6.2L V8 right at 100,XXX miles. I just wanted to make sure I'm taking the best possible care of it. It's my first 6.2 and first 4x4. TIA.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im in similar situation, 2014 SLT with 5.3 89k miles and on my 3rd fill up i added Technron fuel treatment, i will report on any mileage increases if any.

I think adding a name brand additive once every few fill ups cant hurt. Look into a quality made catch can, that helps the engine run better from what i read so far.

As long as you're running top tier premium gas as recommended in your manual, and changing your oil regularly as recommended by OJ, no additives are necessary, imo. However the placebo effect of adding a little "extra" into our vehicles is sometimes worth a few dollsrs!

Just purchased a 2014 Sierra Denali and it runs just fine. I'm coming up on my first fill up and I was wondering if anyone in here has had any experience running fuel additives in these newer model trucks. It's a 6.2L V8 right at 100,XXX miles. I just wanted to make sure I'm taking the best possible care of it. It's my first 6.2 and first 4x4. TIA.

Your truck could probably use a valve cleaning for all of the carbon build up/deposits, since these are DI engines that require actual maintenance.

Dealership does this for ~ $ 189.99 I believe.

Your truck could probably use a valve cleaning for all of the carbon build up/deposits, since these are DI engines that require actual maintenance.

Dealership does this for ~ $ 189.99 I believe.

Cool thanks for the info. I'm new to this whole forum lingo man but what do guys mean when they say DI Engines?

Anybody here routinely run seafoam in the gas tank or the crankcase?

I'm coming up on 10k miles and I might run some in the crankcase as I'm going to be changing the oil shortly.

Cool thanks for the info. I'm new to this whole forum lingo man but what do guys mean when they say DI Engines?

DI = Direct Injection. (Not forum lingo)

Correct. Previous style engines had gasoline wash over the intake valves to keep deposits from building up.

Direct inject is literally how it sounds, the fuel is directly injected into the combustion chamber.

Archived