I put new spark plugs in my truck, and didn't know the torque specs for them. I have the L33, which is aluminum. I looked up the torque specs, and got the confused with a 5.7 vortec, which is cast iron. The torque specs for the 5.7 are 25ft-lbs, and the L33 is 13ft-lbs or in that area. You think I overtightened them? I put Bosch platinum 4's in. It isn't misfiring at the moment, but it had kind of a rough start this morning, but it's a little cold out, like 40's. I'm just learning and preparing myself for when I screwed myself for the stupid torque specs.

Over torquing the plugs has nothing to do with the miss. You have another problem.

I would remove all the the plugs, put anti-seize on them and re-torque to the correct spec. The longer you wait to do this the harder to loosen and remove them. :happysad:

Over torquing the plugs has nothing to do with the miss. You have another problem.

I would remove all the the plugs, put anti-seize on them and re-torque to the correct spec. The longer you wait to do this the harder to loosen and remove them. :happysad:

+1

Also I'd stay away from Bosch 4s in the future

Archived