35x11.5r20 vs 35x12.5r20

Looking at The nitto ridge grappler, and can't decide on doing an 11.5 or 12.5.... any pros and cons? I've got a 2015 2500hd gasser with a RC3.5" lift on stock wheels and are just looking to change tires.... any advice on which way to go with this? Thanks guys!

I have the same kit on a 2016 2500HD and have been advised by my local shop and by RC to stick with 295/60/20 or 305/55/20 or I'll be in for a host of issues related to rubbing, scrubbing and mods to try and offset the issues of using a bigger tire size. Also the bigger the tire the greater your decrease in gas mileage. So I'm currently wrestling with the same decision you are.....

Good luck with your decision and keep us all posted on what you decide.

i'd go 11.5 for less rub, better mileage, better traction in wet/snow.

yea that's kind of what im thinking. I'm all about looks, but functionality has to play a part at somepoint. Especially since this truck really is my winter driver as I drive my camaro in the summer time. Plus, on Amazon, they're almost $100 more for the 12.5's.... I'll let you guys know what my final decision is when I actually purchase them

I'm in the same boat with those same tires. I'm going with the 11.5 for the sake of more clearance. I personally like the look of that tire as well. I found them for $1300 shipped.

Looking at The nitto ridge grappler, and can't decide on doing an 11.5 or 12.5.... any pros and cons? I've got a 2015 2500hd gasser with a RC3.5" lift on stock wheels and are just looking to change tires.... any advice on which way to go with this? Thanks guys!

Did you crank to the full 3.5" ? I have the same level and the front got harsh at 3" so I backed it down to 2.5".

Did you crank to the full 3.5" ? I have the same level and the front got harsh at 3" so I backed it down to 2.5".

no, I'm closer to 2.5" as well... for the same reason. my total ended up being $1400 with mounting and balancing, and once I get them installed I will be sure to post pictures! may be another week or two. Finals week+work = no time for truck stuff lol

Do yall know how wide i can get on stock suspension with the stock 20s the 5 star ones rt now they r 265 can i put on 275 or 285 n still b ok thanks for thr help

yes that should be fine, you could probably go to a 305 and be okay... the rim is 8.5" wide just for reference

no, I'm closer to 2.5" as well... for the same reason. my total ended up being $1400 with mounting and balancing, and once I get them installed I will be sure to post pictures! may be another week or two. Finals week+work = no time for truck stuff lol

So, which wheels/offset and tires/size did you end up going with?

Hey guys, finally had time to get the tires on.... came to $1420 shipped, mounted, and balanced! They look really nice, had a dry day yesterday, and a pretty rainy day today, and they were awesome in both types of weather! They're pretty quiet for how aggressive they look too, I could only hear them when my radio was off, and with the windows open they don't sound that bad... I also have an exhaust though, so that helps muffle them as well. Let me now if there's any specific pictures or details you guys want. Only a little rub under heavy braking or if you're turning and hit a bump, other than that, they're perfect!

IMG 8010

IMG 8023

IMG 8026

IMG 8021

IMG 8007

IMG 8020

Archived