Larger fuel tank

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question about larger fuel tanks. Are Diesels the only ones you can get a large capacity replacement tank for? I can't find any gas ones.

Saw massive 50+ gal tanks at SEMA that fit in place of factory tank (read: not in the bed) but only for diesel.

What is so special about it being only for diesel? A plastic tank is a plastic tank. Shouldn't matter whats inside it. Unless there is a space issue between the 2 different trucks.

What is so special about it being only for diesel? A plastic tank is a plastic tank. Shouldn't matter whats inside it. Unless there is a space issue between the 2 different trucks.

Were I to hazard a guess, I'd assume the pump and sending units are probably different.

I asked the same question to Titan tanks. The guy told me there are too many issues with the EPA that they just don't want to deal with, mainly the evap system. He said the long term responsibility for the effectiveness of the evap system and the cost of EPA approval killed their interest in building them.

Titan does have a 15 gal side kick (inside the bed snugged in around the wheel well) that has a transfer pump. I have thought about that, It would put me just over 40 gal.

I asked the same question to Titan tanks. The guy told me there are too many issues with the EPA that they just don't want to deal with, mainly the evap system. He said the long term responsibility for the effectiveness of the evap system and the cost of EPA approval killed their interest in building them.

Titan does have a 15 gal side kick (inside the bed snugged in around the wheel well) that has a transfer pump. I have thought about that, It would put me just over 40 gal.

I had the same conversation with them and another tank company who I can't remember now.

Contrary to the post upstream, the 1500 standard bed and the 2500 standard bed have the same clearances so the larger gas tank would fit.

I had the same conversation with them and another tank company who I can't remember now.

Contrary to the post upstream, the 1500 standard bed and the 2500 standard bed have the same clearances so the larger gas tank would fit.

I think he was referencing the short bed, not the standard.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

How large are you talking about?

I have 34 gallons in my Reg Cab Long Box

Can you get us some basic measurements on your tank; total length, length before and after the frame indentations, width etc

Will not fit on 6.5 bed or the smaller bed as the rear axle is futher back on the 8' bed. Believe me I have looked at this to heck and back before towing last summer across the country. Only safe alternative is the Titan tank but spendy.

Archived