When will GM step up its diesel game?

On 10/20/2017 at 3:58 PM, MaverickZ71 said:

What's to step up?  They already have more power and torque than ever.  And Ike Gauntlet videos and the current FourWheeler magazine and others prefer the GM HD's the way they are now.  GM has carefully targeted its actual customers and is building a refined truck for them.  Who cares if Furd has a few more horsepower or higher tow rating, if it is a smoking wreck at the Ike Gauntlet.  Did you see the video where the gas Super Duty F-250 blew up and puked out its coolant before they even started the Ike Gauntlet run?  (Oh but it's paper specs are higher than GM's . . . . ) 

Motor Trend's Truck Trend magazine just declared the Ford the winner of their shootout by a handful of points, after suspiciously stating a test driver was the world's biggest Ford Super Duty fan.  Any remaining credibility flew out the window when they raved about how their contrived sled pull in the mud was a winner for the Ford, when the Ford had All Terrain tires while the GM and Mopar had highway tires!

The current FourWheeler magazine goes on to say that to drive a maxed-out towing Ford or Mopar truck, you'd have to have a Commercial Driver's License.  And many driver's don't.  So GM may be looking at this from a legal standpoint as well.  If you have to have a CDL and you need to tow that much, shouldn't you already be driving a 4500 HD instead? 

EDIT:  I just watched the Ike Gauntlet video again (that dasimmon posted above).  My favorite quote: "the Ford has the most power, the highest tow rating, and an aluminum body . . . it just won't pull up the hill!"

NEW ADDITION TO MY ABOVE POST:  Just got the new issue of Truck Trend magazine in the mail today.  Their 2018 Truck of the Year is a Duramax-powered GMC 2500HD Denali 4x4.  

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived