Tire pressure is wrong on my dash ?

Correct, the air pressure change process of setting position does not work, hasn't worked on the GM trucks since the K2xx (2014+) trucks came out. Only way is to use the tool that was posted, take it to the dealer or have a local tire shop recalibrate the positions.

Personally for the $50 it cost, I bought the tool and do mine myself.

+1 Also, if you have another newer GM vehicle in the family, the tool will work on it as well.

The "air-out" method actually was a rolling change for GM during the 2011 model year. I had an early production 11 Silverado and the air out trick worked, but by the end of that model year production, the tool was required. My son's 12 Cruze needs the tool. I bit the bullet and bought one years ago so I could do it myself as well.

Um, yea. The DIC reading I guess is good only to tell me I have a flat "0" PSI. (Of course, I couldn't tell from the road feel, right?).

It's not very accurate. And I have two digital gauges that measure in .5 PSI increments that I have confirmed my opinion with.

Not a huge deal.

Um, yea. The DIC reading I guess is good only to tell me I have a flat "0" PSI. (Of course, I couldn't tell from the road feel, right?).

It's not very accurate. And I have two digital gauges that measure in .5 PSI increments that I have confirmed my opinion with.

Not a huge deal.

Can they be calibrated? I air down usually once a week to go on the beach and have an air pump with auto stop set to 32 psi. It stops at the same time my DIC hits 32psi.

I believe this was for the previous gen trucks. It does not work on the current gen. You have to have a tool as pictured above or something similar to get it done.

Correct. I buy all my tires (4 vehicles and a TT) at Discount Tire. Whenever they install new tires they are supposed to reset the TPM's to match up with their new location. And, they remember to do it maybe 50 ~ 75 percent of the time. The store that I do business at has a special express lane for airing up tires and this sort of stuff so I just swing by, takes about 10 minutes maybe less.

Paid $50 for "the tool" haha

Took about 90 seconds to re learn my sensors

Thanks all! Also did my 2nd oil change. First was at dealership. I'm opting out of the second freebie. The oil filter and the drain plug were "loose" by my standards. I think they were installed slightly more than hand tight. I'm kinda shocked that I didn't lose my oil and my engine. I hope I never have to go to the dealership again

Not a huge deal.

Hmm, I also have a digital gauge thsy measures in 0.5 psi increments. And, it's dead nuts on with my DIC. Only exception being the DIC reading is in whole numbers only. So, there's sometimes a rounding difference between the two.

• 2 weeks later...

My DIC is also pretty accurate against my gauges. I have a couple of high quality gauges that I use since I own a few motorcycles and psi in those are pretty important. I really don't see the need to "re-learn" each tire. One should be checking their tire pressure a couple of times a month anyway with a gauge (I don't trust what the truck tells me). If your DIC does show one tire is really low then just check all 4 till you find the one that is low.

+1 Also, if you have another newer GM vehicle in the family, the tool will work on it as well.

The "air-out" method actually was a rolling change for GM during the 2011 model year. I had an early production 11 Silverado and the air out trick worked, but by the end of that model year production, the tool was required. My son's 12 Cruze needs the tool. I bit the bullet and bought one years ago so I could do it myself as well.

My father in law has an early built 2011 Silverado (built October 2010) and it needs the tool to reset. I wonder if it depeneded on what plant it was built at.

My DIC is also pretty accurate against my gauges. I have a couple of high quality gauges that I use since I own a few motorcycles and psi in those are pretty important. I really don't see the need to "re-learn" each tire. One should be checking their tire pressure a couple of times a month anyway with a gauge (I don't trust what the truck tells me). If your DIC does show one tire is really low then just check all 4 till you find the one that is low.

Good advice. I will be buying a tire pressure gauge to verify against the DIC. Especially since I will be towing next month. Any recommendations on tire gauge?

I don't think each tire is programmed for a corner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes they are. If you look on the DIC you will see two pressures on top, two on bottom. Also, they are lefts and rights. So, LF, RF, LR and RR are all displayed. If at any point someone rotates the tires and the sensors are not relearned to the truck to their new position, then the tire that was the LF and is now on the RR will show the pressure drop on the LF instead of where the tire actually is now on the RR.

Good advice. I will be buying a tire pressure gauge to verify against the DIC. Especially since I will be towing next month. Any recommendations on tire gauge?

I use Motion Pro gauges and prefer analog but I may get a digital down the road. They are pricey but well built, liquid filled, and highly accurate. Will run you about $90.

Archived