Cb radios

Jakedem

Hey guys! Who's got cbs in third rigs?? In my 1500 I have a uniden bearcat 880 and I'm the 3500 I have a cobra 29 peaked and tuned both have magnet mount whip antennas and amazing how far out a good tunes radio will reach!! Let's hear/see your setup

That would be their not third

I have a CB in my semi truck, it is usually on when I am working, but I probably only grab the mic once every 2-3 weeks. I just use it as another way to listen of a traffic problem. I could give a rip about LEO locations.

No desire to also have one in my pickup. Too much stupid stuff on CB I am not interested in listening to. Like those idiots that will whisper "I have no panties on" kind of stupid rot. I raised my children, have no desire to listen to others on a CB.

Ya I hear ya there!! I have been running CB first for my pilot car business now for my storage building transport and pilot car I actually haven't run into just terrible much dirt talking on them surprisingly just your normal cussing

I agree 100% with Cowpie, the idiots drive me crazy with their repeating "Audio, audio" and the no panties crap. Tune the radio on another channel and then change to 19.

Back on topic after my rant.....On the 2001, I run a Galaxy 77 that I bought new and had a CB shop make a few minor adjustments to. :pimp: I have a Wilson 1000 mounted in the center of the roof. I can talk at least 1/4 of a mile..... :thumbs:

No CB in the 15.

LOL and when the truckers start cussing and fussing too bad I normally give them what for... can't stand when every other word is a cuss word and all they can do is talk dirty

You have a galaxy can only go a quarter-mile ? Is it tuned correctly ?

With the cobra 29 I can reach out probably around 5 miles

There was a little bit of sarcasm that you missed.....

It dead keys about 120 watts.

Yeah, everything is about the coax, connectors, and a properly tuned and grounded antenna. Even a stock Cobra 19 can reach out and touch someone as long as everything downstream is set up right. I have been partial to Galaxy for several years. Just tuned and peaked, no kicker. I just keep it simple. A Galaxy DX929 that has done me right for the last 7 years.

Archived