6.0L Muffler Swap

I swapped out the stock trash can with an Aero Turbine 3535XL muffler. I kept all the stock piping, even the tail section. It's a resonated muffler so I have zero drone on the freeway around 70-75. Probably one of the best sounding exhausts I've heard on a 6.0.

Get the magnaflow BB50 series.Has a deeper tone.

I couldn't find that on their website. Do you have a direct link?

Ordered a 3.5 in cutout for mine today. Had a similar setup on my 2010 with the 5.3, when it was just me riding around I could open it up. When the ole lady was with me or if I was towing anything long distance I would close it.

Very cool. Please post pics (and maybe even a video) when it's installed!

Ordered a 3.5 in cutout for mine today. Had a similar setup on my 2010 with the 5.3, when it was just me riding around I could open it up. When the ole lady was with me or if I was towing anything long distance I would close it.

Where did you purchase the parts? Do you have the part numbers that you used?

Installed the rocker switch next to the 12v plug in the dash. Tied into the +/- feed for the cig plug. Not perfectly straight but you can't even see the switch if you aren't looking for it.

2154536b934fa5515811c277303495fd.jpg

Edited by steinb3rg
  • Like 2

Word of advice if you are looking to install a cutout. Make the rear cut further back towards the rear exhaust hanger, this will allow more adjustment on where the electric motor falls. If you look at my picture you can see that the top of the motor is directly under that crossmember, actually touching it. Ideally you want the y pipe perpendicular to the ground if you will use the turndown. I had to cut the turndown to make it look right. Also painted it black to blend in with the frame.262931e1a9c60a9a58bbfc9cb4e557ab.jpg